Kanye to The banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
6,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1 - Kanye West. IMO the most talented, dedicated artist alive today and has grown consistantly with 3 out of 5 of his albums regarded by many as classics and the other two are also very strong, each with its own original sound. I appreciate he is not the best rapper but musically no one can compare to him.

2 - Nas. On his day he can body anyone (shown with Ether). If it was a competition of who is the best rapper he would win hands down. His lyrics and flow are on point and created arguably the greatest rap album of all time with Illmatic.

3 - Jay-Z. Like Nas any rapper that has the same success and buzz about them since they first stepped on the scene must have something about them and Jay definetly does. Great lyricism and swagger shown in classics like Reasonable Doubt and The Black Album.

4 - Mos Def. Lyrical genius with endless lists of thought provoking lines. Extremely talented rapper and would out-rhyme 90% of rappers without breaking sweat. Still bump Black Star religiously.

5 - Kendrick Lamar. Still quite young in his career but is already spawning songs better than many that have been in the game for years. Very promising future and potentially one day Nas or Pac status.

Honourable mentions: Lupe Fiasco, Joe Budden, Rakim, Biggie, Common, Andre 3000

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
ACooper said:
1 - Kanye West. IMO the most talented, dedicated artist alive today and has grown consistantly with 3 out of 5 of his albums regarded by many as classics and the other two are also very strong, each with its own original sound. I appreciate he is not the best rapper but musically no one can compare to him.

2 - Nas. On his day he can body anyone (shown with Ether). If it was a competition of who is the best rapper he would win hands down. His lyrics and flow are on point and created arguably the greatest rap album of all time with Illmatic.

3 - Jay-Z. Like Nas any rapper that has the same success and buzz about them since they first stepped on the scene must have something about them and Jay definetly does. Great lyricism and swagger shown in classics like Reasonable Doubt and The Black Album.

4 - Mos Def. Lyrical genius with endless lists of thought provoking lines. Extremely talented rapper and would out-rhyme 90% of rappers without breaking sweat. Still bump Black Star religiously.

5 - Kendrick Lamar. Still quite young in his career but is already spawning songs better than many that have been in the game for years. Very promising future and potentially one day Nas or Pac status.

Honourable mentions: Lupe Fiasco, Joe Budden, Rakim, Biggie, Common, Andre 3000

kanye not the best rapper imo but he the best hip hop artist of all time ithink he embodys hip hop and the artist > the rapper

·
Banned
39,053 Posts
1. Baby Boy Da Prince - The Way He Lives
2. Marky Mark - The Departed
3. Shawty Mane - Selena
4. Kevin Federline - Dat Popozao :datass:
5. Murphy Lee - No Reason
5a. Diddy
5b. Fred Durst

·
Registered
183 Posts
In no particular order...

Jay-Z, Big L, Common, Nas and (I know it's soon, but I feel what he's doing so much) Jay Electronica.

·
Registered
8,615 Posts
spejsi666 said:
what the hell? dude you're on Kanye's forum, you have to appreciate his greatness.

mine:

1) kanye - the most consistent hip-hop artist. 5 excellent albums. keeps re inventing himself. his music just makes me happy.

2) jay-z - the GOAT rapper imo. managed to stay relevant even after all this years. he's just awesome, there's a reason Beyonce fell for him.

3) lil wayne - gets a lot of hate here, but i love him. c3 made me a big fan & his music has stayed with me ever since. even tho his latest stuff were wack, the c4 singles give me a hope that he'll be back.

4) j. cole - the up & coming star who will be the best rapper for the next few years.

5) kendrick lamar - he's ill, great flow with thought provoking lyrics. when his stuff with Dre come out, i expect him to blow up.

honorable mentions: eminem (fell off lately), blu, mf doom, lupe fiasco
Lol i do, but im not gonna stan him and call him the best rapper when he definetely is nowhere near that...

·
Registered
5,929 Posts
I dont give a shit if you disagree, so dont bother flaming as its my opinion that matters to me

1. Dr. Dre - his my favourite rapper purely because of 2001, yh he doesnt write his own lyrics and puts out albums every 10 years but he is a legend for making that album.
2. Eminem - better rapper then Dre but his albums havent been as consistently good as his original 3, his lyrics are usually really deep and the way he fits words and sentences together is unreal.
3. 2Pac - similar to Eminem with his deep lyrics, dont give a fuck attitude and great albums.
4. Kanye West - not the greatest lyricist on this list but the majority of his tracks are usually on point and are generally likeable tracks.
5 Joe Budden - some of his tracks can be a bit boring or a bit plain but when Budden gets it right his lyrics are some i can relate to. Padded Room is a slept on album as well.

·
Registered
6,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
PlayinWithFire said:
Lol i do, but im not gonna stan him and call him the best rapper when he definetely is nowhere near that...
If you read my original post I didn't say Kanye was a great rapper but IMO the best rap artist musically, I actually said Nas is the best rapper.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts