Kanye to The banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Kanye's albums are so good that you can't so quickly compare one that just came out to a previous classic, it has to sit with you for some time. The reason why Kanye thinks it's so amazing is because he has been listening to these songs for God knows how long.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Nah. Haven't enjoyed Kanye music since Yeezus. And don't say Only One and 4 5 Seconds cuz those are just fucking McCartney compositions w/ GOOD production and engineering

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Zinko101 said:
Nah. Haven't enjoyed Kanye music since Yeezus. And don't say Only One and 4 5 Seconds cuz those are just fucking McCartney compositions w/ GOOD production and engineering
What don't you enjoy about this album? What else is touching this at the moment?

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Zinko101 said:
Name another artist right now with bodies of work this good

·
Registered
300 Posts
tpye4life said:
What don't you enjoy about this album? What else is touching this at the moment?
I don't want to sound pretentious, but I'm a musician (piano, sax, plus i can freestyle a lil) and you can tell Kanye was lazy on this album. Like yeah its good, but its nothing new, nothing different. He uses the same ideas, chord progressions, and instrumentation as his last 6 albums. But the thing with the last 6 albums is that they are distilled visions, they are purer ideas, and they are all different. This is just an amalgamated mess of his previous 6 works, but somehow worse than every album before. Contrast that with MBDTF which was also a conglomerate of everything that came before but managed to elevate all of it to something different

·
Registered
11,669 Posts
thought CD, LR, GRAD, 808s, MBDTF, Yeezus were all amazing albums from the first listen, but i think TLOP is a 5 or 6/10.

im sure it just needs to grow on me though :oblivious:

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
y'all just some nitpicking ****. Everyone I've talked to that isn't on KTT has absolutely LOVED the album. also they all think wolves is one of the best songs they've ever heard. KTT just filled with a bunch of babies tbh

·
Registered
763 Posts
Duble H Wonder said:
y'all just some nitpicking ****. Everyone I've talked to that isn't on KTT has absolutely LOVED the album. also they all think wolves is one of the best songs they've ever heard. KTT just filled with a bunch of babies tbh
More like ya'll some fucking crybabies. ****** can't give criticism because you **** are always sucking Ye's dick. Anyone who gives any form of criticism about anything Ye gets flamed with bullshit like "ban op" or "you're hating." Ya'll *****'s really need to get the fuck over yourselves and realize that just because you like something or you and your friends all like something, that doesn't mean everyone is going to like it the same way you/ya'll do.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts