Kanye to The banner

1 - 20 of 190 Posts

·
Registered
71,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Y'all boys really bringing down the value of that word just throwing it around like that. And btw I meant to throw yesjulz in that last list I was making.

·
Registered
5,839 Posts
if the artist actually help the culture they find influence from, don't really see a problem. for example JB is a culture vulture, just used parts of the caribbean culture for his gain. on the other hand, drake did the same thing with dancehall and afrobeat, but featured artists from those genres giving exposure to them and those cultures.

·
Read Only
33,822 Posts
I think with the rise of the Internet and social media, the world is so small that it's fine to do stuff like make dancehall as a foreigner to that culture. We're all exposed to everything. Just do it tastefully

·
Banned
20,669 Posts
Damn bro u live in hell

White people throwing ***** around every day? Damn

·
Registered
101,629 Posts
STCWastemon said:
if the artist actually help the culture they find influence from, don't really see a problem. for example JB is a culture vulture, just used parts of the caribbean culture for his gain. on the other hand, drake did the same thing with dancehall and afrobeat, but featured artists from those genres giving exposure to them and those cultures.
JB highkey didn't make that music he just sang what Diplo and Skrillex gave him both of whom work with alot of carribean artist that's an iffy situation I've been thinkin bout.

Can I call him a culture vulture he's just singing the song? kinda like is Robin Thicke to blame or Pharrell for Blurred lines cause Robin was coked out of his mind when making it.

1 - 20 of 190 Posts