Kanye to The banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
9,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So. I'm in Journalism class and we're almost finished with the final paper of the year, we turned it in last week and just got back our notes. One thing we need to fix is we have to add an "Entertainment Review" and I'm that guy so I take dat project. I'm doing music review, in particular I'm going to write an article called THE LOUIS VUITTON DON RETURNS :datass:

Gon write about "Mercy" and "Theraflu" and talk about how Yeezy is back and let it be known that his presence is a present :slick:

I'm jus sayin' :he:

·
Registered
91,785 Posts
Odelay said:
Gon write about "Mercy" and "Theraflu" and talk about how Yeezy is back and let it be known that his presence is a present :slick:

I'm jus sayin' :he:
If you don't tell them to kiss his ass you take an L.

·
Registered
9,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Alright, I only got 250 words to do dis in so I think I'll cut the Theraflu part, might re-edit the headline to make it more GOOD-related

·
Registered
9,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
"It's going to be a GOOD year"
by
Odelay

After releasing his magnum opus, My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy, in 2010 and his collaboration with Jay-Z in 2011 (Watch the Throne) Kanye West has primarily kept quiet to avoid potential negative press since his controversial stunt at the MTV Movie Awards in 2009. Now Yeezy is planning to release a compilation album from the record-label he owns, GOOD Music. The first single, “Mercy”, features Big Sean, Pusha T and 2 Chainz was released in April on Good Friday (a Christian holiday). While Ye has mostly been very introspective and critical of his character in recent work, here he lets “the suicide doors up”, does “suicides on the private jet” which means he’s “fly to death”. The song’s cartoonish hook, bizarre sampling and heavy bass makes “Mercy” play like a club-ready song with enough unique nuances to keep it from being repetitive. Though the label-head would normally take the spot light, it’s actually Pusha T (a relative unknown) who is the songs champion. Elsewhere Big Sean continues his “so stupid it’s funny” lines (“White girls politicin’, that’s that Sarah Palin”) and 2 Chainz proves to be worthy of rapping alongside the GOOD artists.
The record itself will feature other GOOD Music artists like Mos Def, Common, John Legend, Kid Cudi, Mr Hudson and Cyhi da Prynce. Since non-label mate 2 Chainz’s appearance on the single we can expect more surprise guests. Expect the GOOD Music album to drop this summer.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts