Kanye to The banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's been said before, Yeezus was an average album in Kanye's discography but is liked by so many people and is so popular because of such a successful tour. Thoughts?

Added:

So it seems a lot of people are missing my point. Yes I get that many of you didn't go to the Yeezus tour and still like it but you're all on KTT which means you're all somewhat already big Kanye fans so you're going to appreciate most of what he puts out in some form bc the majority of your are so invested in what he does that you joined a fan forum for him. However there's a bigger picture and people other than yourself. There's people who liked Kanye but didn't cape for Yeezus, there's people who liked music but hadn't gone out of their way to listen to Yeezus, there's people who liked good music but weren't crazy for Yeezus, and there's many more. However, when he toured for Yeezus it brought attention and press to the album that previously wasn't there. It caught the attention of people who weren't as dedicated to Kanye as you guys and even though this community of KTT might not realize it's A LOT of people. Other people heard stories about the tour, went to the tour, and took on an appreciation for the album that wasn't previously there. So in the bigger picture and in the world outside of the dedicated KTT Yeezus stans, the Tour definitely helped the album achieve the popularity and praise that it did among the people who liked it because the Tour undeniably brought it attention and got people interested who otherwise wouldn't have.

·
Registered
20,700 Posts
ok

·
Registered
236 Posts
I really loved it right away, and I knew it would be an album that got better with each listen. The tour was amazing, but I don't think that's the only reason

·
Registered
11,928 Posts
TboneKTT said:
I really loved it right away, and I knew it would be an album that got better with each listen. The tour was amazing, but I don't think that's the only reason

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
hot pancakes said:
Except it's a top tier Ye album
Idk I can't say it's better than MBDTF, College Dropout, Late Registration, and maybe Graduation depending on my mood. So I can't really say top tier for him

·
Banned
17,441 Posts
mgee518 said:
It's been said before, Yeezus was an average album in Kanye's discography but is liked by so many people and is so popular because of such a successful tour. Thoughts?
never went to the concert, and I still love that album. reported

·
Banned
3,428 Posts
mgee518 said:
Idk I can't say it's better than MBDTF, College Dropout, Late Registration, and maybe Graduation depending on my mood. So I can't really say top tier for him
You can't compare it to those albums. They don't sound anything alike

1 - 20 of 68 Posts