Kanye to The banner

Yeezus predicted to sell 500k first week

56K views 185 replies 121 participants last post by  saadkid08 
#1 ·
http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/1566542/kanye-wests-yeezus-album-could-sell-a-half-million-in-first-week

Those in the know suggest the album, due out June 18, may sell 500,000 copies in its first week. Readers might wonder: How do said forecasters come up with a projected sales figure -- when the album isn't even on sale yet?

Basically, these skilled sources make it their business to crunch numbers all day long. Sales forecasts, such as this one for "Yeezus," are based on early orders from retailers, first-week performance of comparable albums, media exposure, radio and YouTube trends for an album's first single, and so forth. These sources each have their own forecast model, so to speak, that helps generate sales projections.

Sometimes, depending on how far out we are from an album's release, a forecast can be wildly different from the final outcome. In general, you can best guess an album's debut sales week once it's actually on sale.

#65 ·
I STILL DON'T THINK THAT IT WILL TOP MBDTF.

I STILL DISAPPOINT THAT THE ALBUM WILL BE NAMED YEEZUS COME ON BRUH.

WOULD PREFFER BLACK AMERICAN PSYCHO THEN WITH GOAT DARK IMAGES.

LIKE THE IMAGES NOT FOR SALE DURING HIS PERFORMANCE IN SNL OR THE THREE HEADED DOGS OR MAYBE THE 3 BLACK VERSION OF KKK.

INSTEAD OF A JEWEL CASE WITH A RED TAPE. :cmon:

I'VE ALWAYS LOVED KANYE'S VISION OF ART BUT NOW HE GONNA GIVE A BLANK CD AND A JEWEL CASE.

WELP GOTTA SUPPORT YEEZY MIGHT JUST GET THE ITUNES ONE AND THE MUSIC WILL NOT DISAPPOINT FOR SURE.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.