Kanye to The banner

41 - 60 of 186 Posts

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
whats up said:
I think Billboard might know more about album sales than you guys lol
I know a bit about statistical modelling, and even did a research project on factors affecting album sales. In order to make these predictions they take quantifiable factors (things that can be measured with numbers, such as those listed in op), and sales of past albums and a whole bunch of maths to determine their forecast. Problem is that the data they normally use isn't available.

·
Premium Member
37,670 Posts
LORDshvmwxw said:
I know a bit about statistical modelling, and even did a research project on factors affecting album sales. In order to make these predictions they take quantifiable factors (things that can be measured with numbers, such as those listed in op), and sales of past albums and a whole bunch of maths to determine their forecast. Problem is that the data they normally use isn't available.
i'm surprised your avy hasn't been deleted yet lol

·
Registered
496 Posts
LORDshvmwxw said:
All the methods of prediction that they've listed aren't relevant to this album. No single, no official youtube videos, no radio play. For all we know it could sell 100k or 1m.
They probably solely based their theory off of Google Trends, being as though that's about the only method they have *shrugs*

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
whats up said:
i'm surprised your avy hasn't been deleted yet lol
y'all ni**as can't control me!!! lol

teamkimye said:
They probably solely based their theory off of Google Trends, being as though that's about the only method they have *shrugs*
maybe. i would't trust a forecast based on just one factor tbh.

41 - 60 of 186 Posts