Kanye to The banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
if it does 330-340, then it might not go platinum :/... mbdtf did 496 week one and has only sold 1.3 million 3 years on, and that had songs like AOTL which went (reasonably) big after launch; not sure if Yeezus will have any songs like that...

·
Banned
7,466 Posts
it wont

cruel summer isnt even at 500k after 220 first week. i realize its a compilation but still

kanye is no longer a platinum selling artist

·
Banned
7,466 Posts
yeezypls said:
You're really saying BOTL doesn't compare to AOTL?
aotl was a top 20 hit

blood on the leaves is really dope but its not a mainstream hit

·
Premium Member
122,085 Posts
kanye made an album with 0 hits, no singles, 1 months promotion, no samsung deal.  so of course it isnt going platinum

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
YeezyDude said:
It doesn't matter. Kanye doesn't care.
he does, or he would have done 0 promotion... why do the American psycho film etc... thats not "art".. its straight up promotion, but kanye doesn't understand how to sell records anymore, he's lost in his own world...

·
Registered
492 Posts
Doubt Kanye cares, at the end of the day artists don't make money from record sales it's more for show plus he deliberately didn't make any song that would be a hit on mainstream radio which always boosts record sales. Would love to see how Jay Z does, now that Billboard refused to include the million copies in his Samsung deal, I doubt he'll do any better than Kanye.

Ye will make his money on tour.

·
Registered
Kanye West/MBDTF
75,270 Posts
poret1 said:
he does, or he would have done 0 promotion... why do the American psycho film etc... thats not "art".. its straight up promotion, but kanye doesn't understand how to sell records anymore, he's lost in his own world...
He said in one of the listening parties that it's all about the music and he doesn't care if it leaks etc. What does that mean? Plus I think he cares about the newborn kid than the album atm.

·
Registered
47,646 Posts
YeezyDude said:
It doesn't matter. Kanye doesn't care.
Ye cares....and always will no matter how many times he denies (I mean its Kanye, he says alot of things in the past and then contradicts himself later)

with that being said, I dont he think he "cares as much" anymore, compared to like the Graduation era or something....

·
Registered
Kanye West/MBDTF
75,270 Posts
B-ri said:
Ye cares....and always will no matter how many times he denies (I mean its Kanye, he says alot of things in the past and then contradicts himself later)

with that being said, I dont he think he "cares as much" anymore, compared to like the Graduation era or something....
Hmm... I guess so. Maybe so will he promote the next album better. But the music matters to me more than the promotion. And the music on the album isn't as bad as the promotion he did for the album.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Oh and plenty of artists go platinum with even lower sales than what Ye is projected to sell. Pink sold 290k or smth and she's gone platinum, Daft Punk sold less first week and will definitely go platinum so it's not out of reach for Ye to do so as well though as said earlier he didn't make his album with radio friendly hit singles in mind, which is what has helped artists like Pink go platinum, so doubt he cares either way.

1 - 20 of 90 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.