Kanye to The banner
1 - 20 of 138 Posts

·
Registered
4,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
(inb4 gets locked for saying the truth about yeezus)
(inb4 stans get mad for truth being spoken)

http://www.gigwise.com/reviews/82275/kanye-west---yeezus-def-jam

With atrocious techno beat influences, that sound as outdated as an Atari game minus the respectable retro quality, sonically abrasive joints such as 'On Sight', on which Daft Punk continue their run of underwhelming creativity, and 'Send It Up' add to an album seriously lacking in cohesive awareness. A pick n mix of instrumental insertions, the only backdrop that displays any type of creative flair is the one displayed on 'Bound 2'. It's just a shame about the song's basic lyrical content - "I wanna fuck you hard on a sink/ After that give you something to drink."

Rants and tirades aplenty, early reviews [tailored more towards a positive opinion] claim the album will go over most listeners heads. If this is the case then what is so mind blowing about the lyrics, "Black girl sippin' white wine/ Put my fist in her like a civil rights sign"? Not all-the-way terrible, moments of tolerable Yeezy come in the form of 'Guilt Trip', once you get past his painfully rough singing voice, and the system fighting 'New Slaves'. Whilst not groundbreaking, these really are the best of a bad bunch.

Conclusion:

So far left field that it might not even be in a field, calling 'Yeezus' art, which a lot of so-called avant-garde trendsetters are doing, is like calling a blank canvas splattered with paint by an infant art.

·
Registered
4,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Mark Wahlberg said:
Locked for being another hate thread is more like it
Truth = hate?

I am giving people a smarter objective look at others who listened to yeezus.

I am a fan, but he lost me here. This roads ends here because I am not into techno/autotune/dance  music.
That's basically what it sounded to me.

·
Registered
19,849 Posts
ufhjfeuwhfehufeuewf said:
Truth = hate?

I am a fan, but he lost me here. This roads ends here because I am not into techno/autotune/dance  music.
you are calling an opinion the truth. stop talking now

·
Banned
23,989 Posts
Again, I ask: What the fuck is Gigwise?

And whoever the fuck they are, they're in the small minority in the music world.

·
Registered
19,195 Posts
ufhjfeuwhfehufeuewf said:
Truth = hate?

any positives in op? What would you call an all negative post if its not hate 

·
Registered
4,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
boxman15 said:
Again, I ask: What the fuck is Gigwise?

And whoever the fuck they are, they're in the small minority in the music world.
Werent u guys saying  Fuk pitchfork, fuk billboard, fuk all music critics???

ohhh until bunch of reviewers gave it an 8.

:hah:

1 - 20 of 138 Posts