Kanye to The banner

Should Justin Vernon sign with GOOD Music ?

• Yes

Votes: 16 72.7%
  • No

Votes: 6 27.3%
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think that Kanye could possibly sign Justin Vernon. It makes sense since he's taking a break from Bon Iver and Cudi's departure.

Could you imagine a Justin Vernon solo ?

·
Registered
6,052 Posts
El Hadji said:
What makes you say that ? Elaborate.
Like John Legend's new album. Due out pretty soon and the only real promo has been from John's interviews.
Justin can just sign to a bigger label, they'd push his music out there more and get him all the advertising and attention he needs.
If he was on GOOD he'd be used for hooks, and his albums would mainly only be known about by hip-hop heads.

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
Corry. said:
Like John Legend's new album. Due out pretty soon and the only real promo has been from John's interviews.
Justin can just sign to a bigger label, they'd push his music out there more and get him all the advertising and attention he needs.
If he was on GOOD he'd be used for hooks, and his albums would mainly only be known about by hip-hop heads.
true but Hudson is signed and it seems he's fine.

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
Corry. said:
his music fits in with ye's label though
what about mr hudson?
He wasn't on CS and he's involved with another project with Rosie Oddie.
Anyway he's doing his own thing and it doesn't seem like Ye restricting him in any way

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Corry. said:
I mean Justin Vernon has his Bon Iver fans already so he's already pretty established while John Legend was introduced to the public through Kanye.

·
Registered
6,052 Posts
El Hadji said:
I mean Justin Vernon has his Bon Iver fans already so he's already pretty established while John Legend was introduced to the public through Kanye.
WREQUIEM said:
He wasn't on CS and he's involved with another project with Rosie Oddie.
Anyway he's doing his own thing and it doesn't seem like Ye restricting him in any way
no, i don't think ye would restrict them, i just don't think he'd have enough time to devote compared to a huge label with personnel dedicated to artists.

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
Corry. said:
no, i don't think ye would restrict them, i just don't think he'd have enough time to devote compared to a huge label with personnel dedicated to artists.
I don't know much about Iver but i'll take your word for it. Don't know if he's busy or not

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Let's be honest here... Justin sounds great on all of these songs on Yeezus, but G.O.O.D. is a hip-hop label and Justin does not make hip-hop music. Justin sounds great on the hooks, and Bon Iver is basically Justin's own solo project. He completely did Emma, Forever Ago all on his own. I've heard his other projects and they honestly haven't been that great.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts