Kanye to The banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
26,181 Posts
It's true dog. The whole world could probably agree on Pac being the hottest rapper around but Kanye done messed up a lot and the world sees him as an asshole more than a creative artist.

·
Premium Member
8,585 Posts
Chilla said:
It's true dog. The whole world could probably agree on Pac being the hottest rapper around but Kanye done messed up a lot and the world sees him as an asshole more than a creative artist.
These are the people that don't listen to albums. They follow charts and shit. I mean in hip-hop circles, Kanye West will be regarded as a GOAT hip-hop artist and maybe even a GOAT producer. Kanye is the most complete hip-hop artist the world has seen. Not stanning either.

·
Registered
26,181 Posts
Base Mason said:
These are the people that don't listen to albums. They follow charts and shit. I mean in hip-hop circles, Kanye West will be regarded as a GOAT hip-hop artist and maybe even a GOAT producer. Kanye is the most complete hip-hop artist the world has seen. Not stanning either.
That's the word I'm looking for, Kanye is the most complete Hip hop artist. He's an allround player.

·
Premium Member
6,937 Posts
Nabil West said:
hmm... maybe with time yes, but as of now...
lets face it : if the man weren't so controversial, he certainly wouldn't be AS critically acclaimed nor AS huge. It just makes the character study far more interesting-- which, oddly enough, is a plus for critics and listeners alike. 

·
Registered
6,421 Posts
Asian said:
lets face it : if the man weren't so controversial, he certainly wouldn't be AS critically acclaimed nor AS huge. It just makes the character study far more interesting-- which, oddly enough, is a plus for critics and listeners alike. 
i agree on what you said about character study, but being GOAT is also being appreciated by the "mainstream" 'i hate that word, but anyways), and it is very, very difficult to make people like a Kanye song nowadays. the "general public" rejects Ye before even listening to songs, so as of today it is difficult to call him GOAT. i think the controversy/criticism will help him be GOAT with time tho

·
Premium Member
6,937 Posts
Nabil West said:
i agree on what you said about character study, but being GOAT is also being appreciated by the "mainstream" 'i hate that word, but anyways), and it is very, very difficult to make people like a Kanye song nowadays. the "general public" rejects Ye before even listening to songs, so as of today it is difficult to call him GOAT. i think the controversy/criticism will help him be GOAT with time tho
Yeah I get what you're saying here

·
Registered
33 Posts
kanye is one of the few artists in any genres, that you know whenever he puts his name on anything, its going to be something special.  whether its his early stuff, 808s, or MBDTF; love em or hate em, you have to appreciate the vision and talent that went into each of them.  kanye does whatever he wants, works with whoever he wants, samples whatever he wants, uses whatever beats he wants, and he still turns brilliant stuff.  everyone else that can be considered GOAT is more than capable of making duds and/or is afraid to step out of their comfort zone.  kanye knows no limits; MBDTF is a magnum opus of an achievement that is and will be regarded as one of the best albums of all time (and i dont think its out of the realm of possibility that his best is yet to come). he could easily have kept doin what he was doin at the beginning and still been a great. imagine if anyone else had the balls to try what he does; look at lil waynes laughable forray into rock.

so i would say without a doubt he is the GOAT in hiphop, and certainly in the debate for all "modern" genres of music.  all this coming from someone that hated rap and kanye just a year ago.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts