Kanye to The banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
41,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do yall think the chances of Ye getting a XXL on MBDTF. If he does he will be the first artist to have 3 albums with that rating. Judging by the snippets yesterday I think his chances are pretty high.

This may also be the first time Ye gets 5 Mics. I personally think The Source dropped the ball when they reviewed CD and LR but thats jus me. In a world where Bun B can have a lackluster album and get 5 Mics then Ye should be the first person to receive 6 Mics lol.

What do yall think his chances are??
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
47,303 Posts
I doubt The Source will give it 5 mics. Possibly 4 and a half? I'm not too keen on how XXl rate albums, do they use stars? If so, 4 or 4.5
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
39,122 Posts
yea Pitchfork is the only review that matters, people can find the other reviews on Metacritic
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
47,303 Posts
ecabney said:
yea Pitchfork is the only review that matters, people can find the other reviews on Metacritic
Yeah, I mostly read reviews from sources who rate albums other than just hip-hop. I expect high ratings, Runaway is still one of the hot songs on Pitchfork right?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
41,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Albert McFly™ said:
I doubt The Source will give it 5 mics. Possibly 4 and a half? I'm not too keen on how XXl rate albums, do they use stars? If so, 4 or 4.5
LOL they use shirt sizes so S M L XL and XXL
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
35,081 Posts
Albert McFly™ said:
I doubt The Source will give it 5 mics. Possibly 4 and a half? I'm not too keen on how XXl rate albums, do they use stars? If so, 4 or 4.5
XXL rates album as  ; S, M , L , XL , & XXL .  Where S is 1/5 , M is 2/5 , L is 3/5, XL is 4/5, & XXL 5/5
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
47,303 Posts
Well I think XXL will rate the album as XL or XXL. I'm mostly looking forward to Metacritic/Pitchfork reviews. Maybe Rollingstone but they stay on Kanye's nuts lol
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
35,081 Posts
FudgeSupreme said:
I think he could get XXL if the album truly deserves it but no chance it gets 5 mics
They have Ludacris' last album an XL , i think MBDTF which has better beats, lyrics and more originality will get an XXL

And if Bun B's average album got 5 mics with average beats & lyrics with little originality, than MBDTF should get 5 mics too
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
63,266 Posts
Mikee_Star said:
They have Ludacris' last album an XL , i think MBDTF which has better beats, lyrics and more originality will get an XXL

And if Bun B's average album got 5 mics with average beats & lyrics with little originality, than MBDTF should get 5 mics too
Yea but the source is just terrible journalism
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,577 Posts
The Source won't give it five mics, but The Source hasn't been credible for years anyway. Remember guys, they gave Lil' Kim five mics. >_>

The College Dropout and Late Registration should have gotten five mics, but like I said, even when TCD was out, The Source hadn't had good critics since years before.
 
1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Top