Kanye to The banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im in desperate need of a cheap alternative to the xbox wireless network adapter. i used to us a reeeally long ethernet cable but i am no longer close enough. and if i were to buy the $50 xbox one i wouldnt be able to xbl gold so any ideas? ive been tryin ebay but keep getting outbid

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
There are alternatives to the X360 wireless adapter out there but sadly those options aren't much cheaper.
You could use a "wired wireless adapter" like this Linksys WGA11B.

But these adapters aren't cheap. >$50

You could also try what's in these videos but I have no idea if what's shown here works well, or works at all.

You might be better off just buying some cheap/used CAT5 or CAT6 ethernet cable and running it through your home.
That will most likely be your cheapest option in my opinion.

·
Premium Member
133,380 Posts
bigdeely said:
If you have a laptop with wifi, I've heard there's a way to tether it to get internet on your 360...
yeah just bridge the connection its simple

but that means having a computer next to the xbox at all time

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Mozeley said:
yeah just bridge the connection its simple

but that means having a computer next to the xbox at all time
ya its not possible for me to have it close enough

·
Premium Member
133,380 Posts
this is microsofts wey of fucking you over. if they wanted to they could makes it possible to use any wifi adapter but they wont. they wanna rip you off by charging an insane amount for a adapter thats worth about $5. they do thesame thing with all their accessories including...wireless controllers, wireless headsets and hard drives

basically you have been buttraped by the gates. if you had got a ps3 you wouldnt have this problem everything is compatible with the ps3

·
Premium Member
4,150 Posts
Hook xbox up to ur laptop with Ethernet cable, make sure u share the conntion then YOUR DONE, thats how i do it

·
Premium Member
4,150 Posts
bigdeely said:
If you have a laptop with wifi, I've heard there's a way to tether it to get internet on your 360...
thats how i use my xbox live i didnt have to pay any thing

·
Registered
44,769 Posts
Mozeley said:
this is microsofts wey of fucking you over. if they wanted to they could makes it possible to use any wifi adapter but they wont. they wanna rip you off by charging an insane amount for a adapter thats worth about $5. they do thesame thing with all their accessories including...wireless controllers, wireless headsets and hard drives

basically you have been buttraped by the gates. if you had got a ps3 you wouldnt have this problem everything is compatible with the ps3
Live>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>PSN, though.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts