Kanye to The banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
4,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, people requested that I'd write a review. I already wrote one and I gotta tell you it didn't have many positive things said about the tracks. I didn't post it because I though there's no need to anger stans. Now I re-did this and tried hard to focus on the positive so I hope it doesn't get so many people mad. :) If you don't care about what I think, just move on.

1. No Church in The Wild

The beat on this track is very addicting. The verses on it are good enough for the beat and therefore this is one of the solid tracks on this album. The hook is simple, but in a good way. They could have easily ruined it by adding too much singing.

2. Lift Off

The album started with a great track. It is followed by something quite the opposite. Not only is Beyonce annoying as usual, but this track also has no substance. Going to moon and Mars… I hope they got one way tickets. In addition to the pointless singing Kanye's "verse" is maybe the worst I've ever heard on a mainstream album. It's really bad. His part sounds like something that is far from finished. The mumbling is just retarded. I wonder what he was on.

3. ****** in Paris

I didn't like this track at all at first. It has, however, grown on me and now after a dozen listens I would say it's one of the album highlights. I especially love the speech part in the middle of the song. There is still also something that I don't like that much on this track. It's the repeated "ball so hard" line. I'm no retard so I get it with less repetition.

4. Otis

Not great! This track is a skip for me. The sample in the background is too annoying to bear. The verses are about meaningless things too so I don't know why even bother putting a track like this on the album. …. And it does NOT feature Otis even though they want to state that it does. He is just sampled.

5. Gotta Have It

Once again a very enjoyable beat. The track is quite short and it's a shame since it's good. There is some talk about blacks vs. whites, but what ever. I'm trying not to care. Ye and Jay both flow nicely on the beat. I've always though Jay has no flow, but he sure step his game up on this track.

6. New Day

This track bores me. I understand how some may like it, but to me it's just… Pac's Letter 2 My Unborn is very good. This is just grown ass men crying. They should have thought of a concept of their own and nailed it instead of this embarrassment.

7. That’s My Bitch

I like the dirty sound on this one. The track also has one of my favorite lines of the album on it. It's about tits. ;) Since this is a track that've we've basically heard ages ago already it gets fewer spins now, but that's no reason to say it's not good.

8. Welcome To The Jungle

The beat on this track is just horrible. This particular producer has done some decent tracks with DMX, but it seems he can't really work properly with any other artists. He should just quit, LOL. The verses are mediocre and I seriously disagree with Jay being "the black Axl Rose". He is in no position to tell people how to view him. Someone should pull him down to earth.

9. Who Gon Stop Me

I can't stand another forced Kanye huh. Fuck that! It sounds so retarded that…. :) The sample is also annoying. Kanye talks about "our people". I'm not sure if this is a race reference, but Jay kinda reveals that it is. He attacks the track with "black this and black that" so I guess they ran out of topics to talk about and it's indeed about being black. Haven't we heard that already on several tracks by him? It almost sounds like it hurts him daily that he is black. I sure don't pick my car based on my skin pigmentation.

10. Murder To Excellence

This is another race related track. If a white artist was to make a cover and maybe replace the word "black" with "white", his track would not be released by a big label. The beat is nice and the concept of a track divided into two parts like this is nice. I just wish they'd have something else than race to discuss.

11. Made In America

This is the cheesiest bullshit on the album. Jesus and America? Really… Those are two things I don't want to hear about. The Otis artwork (that is also in the album booklet) already made me fill a few buckets with puke. It's hard to focus on the verses or anything else after the corny singing. I don't ever want to hear this track again. I consider it being the worst track on the album.

12. Why I Love You

I don't really like Jay-Z enough to being able to enjoy a full solo track of his. This is not my cup of tea.

I might add the bonus tracks to this later on. Dunno yet though. All in all the album feels like a semi-finished product. For example Lift Off is seriously out of place and there aren't too many topics being discussed. I guess you could say the album focuses on certain things. Being black is just… I wouldn't listen to someone's album about being white. So why do I bother with this?

Kanye is better at rapping than what he demonstrates on this album. Jay-Z on the other hand performed much better than usually. He is usually unbearable and on WTT I almost nodded my head while listening to him. Kanye's mumbling and especially the Lift Off verse are the rap related main flaws of the album imo. There is a lot of room for improvement.

This album is not bad, but it sure is also not even close to a 10/10 rating. I would say that realistically it's something from 4 to 6 out of 10. I wouldn't even rank my all time favorite albums as 10/10 products, since they also have room for improvement.

·
Registered
9,543 Posts
You A Banned Girl And Ya Friend's Banned To.We Got The Ban Sauce She Drippen Bangu

·
Registered
16,967 Posts
I'm sorry y'all. I'm black but i got love for everyone, white people included. But if you're a white kid and you have a problem with what Kanye & Jay-Z are talking about, always remember that your favorite rappers  are BLACK. Which of course means that from time to time they will discuss real situations and obstacles that they've faced and still face as black men living in this pro-white world. Don't be fooled by the money. Their experiences are real, and just because they were some of the few to rise to great wealth as a black man in America, it doesn't mean they should shy away from the truth in order to make the white kids that buy their albums and go to their shows more comfortable.

·
Registered
2,700 Posts
▲Special_K said:
I'm sorry y'all. I'm black but i got love for everyone, white people included. But if you're a white kid and you have a problem with what Kanye & Jay-Z are talking about, always remember that your favorite rappers  are BLACK. Which of course means that from time to time they will discuss real situations and obstacles that they've faced and still face as black men living in this pro-white world. Don't be fooled by the money. They're experiences are real, and just because that they were some of the few to rise to great wealth as a black man in America, it doesn't mean they should shy away from the truth in order to make the white kids that buy their albums and go to their shows more comfortable.
Well said, man. Best post so far.

·
Registered
145 Posts
He lost me at Jay had no flow. Even the most notorious Jay haters (before the Allhiphop reboot) only had one good thing to say about, which was he had a crazy flow.

·
Registered
47,303 Posts
▲Special_K said:
I'm sorry y'all. I'm black but i got love for everyone, white people included. But if you're a white kid and you have a problem with what Kanye & Jay-Z are talking about, always remember that your favorite rappers  are BLACK. Which of course means that from time to time they will discuss real situations and obstacles that they've faced and still face as black men living in this pro-white world. Don't be fooled by the money. Their experiences are real, and just because they were some of the few to rise to great wealth as a black man in America, it doesn't mean they should shy away from the truth in order to make the white kids that buy their albums and go to their shows more comfortable.
Preach man, preach. :h5: I feel the same way.

·
Registered
332 Posts
▲Special_K said:
Beautiful :cryfam:

1 - 20 of 78 Posts