Kanye to The banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
16,761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've listened to the album only twice and the overall quality is amazing;

top-notch lyricism, dynamic raps, all backed up by top-notch production.

So the craftsmanship is amazing, but I'm missing the heart and eagerness from earlier Jay-Z and Kanye West albums.

I'd give it an 8 for now but I still hope that the mood of the album will grow on me over the next few days.

·
Registered
8,615 Posts
The album is basically only about being on the top and their money?

This album get's boring after two listens, and the only songs with replay value now is ****** in Paris and Gotta Have It....

·
Registered
5,614 Posts
Kidd said:

This album get's boring after two listens, and the only songs with replay value now is ****** in Paris and Gotta Have It....
So I'm guessing you just didn't listen to No Church, New Day, Welcome to the Jungle, Murder to Excellence Made In America, Why I Love You, and The Joy if you think the album is only about money

·
Registered
865 Posts
Kidd said:
:facepalm2:

Entering the WTT or Kanye West section on this site is just suicide.
It is if you're a troll and you debate posters that counter with logic.

Such as the poster who listed those songs earlier.  I would also add That's My to the songs.

·
Banned
2,298 Posts
B said:
I actually feel like the album is rushed in spots. Like they could have cleaned up the production in a few places. The flow and tracking also feels disjointed.

I dunno. Whole album feels like they did it in a couple takes and tried to get it out quick.
This.  Very much so.

·
Registered
4,894 Posts
Kidd said:
This album get's boring after two listens
I'm not sure about two, but it sure gets old fast. I've had the CD in my car this week and I've been listening to it when going to work and when coming back home. Today I took the CD out and resealed the package. I don't think I'll ever need to CD again tbh.

·
Registered
8,615 Posts
Phucker said:
I'm not sure about two, but it sure gets old fast. I've had the CD in my car this week and I've been listening to it when going to work and when coming back home. Today I took the CD out and resealed the package. I don't think I'll ever need to CD again tbh.
Exactly man

·
Registered
865 Posts
B said:
I actually feel like the album is rushed in spots. Like they could have cleaned up the production in a few places. The flow and tracking also feels disjointed.

I dunno. Whole album feels like they did it in a couple takes and tried to get it out quick.
Quite an odd critique. Dunno how you could say the album sounds rushed when they delayed the album several times and did three different cuts of WTT.

Do you like the Blueprint? Because they recorded that in two weeks.

·
Banned
10,436 Posts
Kidd said:

lol Carter IV and Take Care

·
Registered
66,440 Posts
Kidd said:

Only like half the album is about being on top

No  church, New day, welcome to the jungle, murder to excellence, Why I love you so

And there's gonna be even more money talk/bragging on Carter 4, guaranteed

1 - 20 of 50 Posts