Kanye to The banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I listened to the snippets and there is a huge dubstep influence on this album, from what I hear.

Gotta Have It
Murder to Excellence
Who Gon Stop Me (my favorite so far)
(possibly) Welcome to the Jungle

Could be used throughout the album.

The genre has been making its way into all aspects of music: rap, pop, metal.  What're your thoughts on it?

·
Registered
41,943 Posts
Generally I don't like dubstep but I think it has potential to be used very well in the right hands. Hopefully those hands belong to Kanye.

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
Dubstep has gone sooo shit since it blew up. Used to be so sick going to all the dubstep nights with all the dubstep heads and it just blew up, attracting a load of dick heads who kick off and buzzing off the "filthiest" noises and all that shit.

Thoughts on it being on WTT, Ye is a fuckin idiot for putting it on and proper don't care if ive not heard it yet. Just tryna be cool with the rest of shitty mainstream that think their "cool" listening to it.

·
Registered
4,278 Posts
rick_wayne said:
I listened to the snippets and there is a huge dubstep influence on this album, from what I hear.

Gotta Have It
Murder to Excellence
Who Gon Stop Me (my favorite so far)
(possibly) Welcome to the Jungle

Could be used throughout the album.

The genre has been making its way into all aspects of music: rap, pop, metal.  What're your thoughts on it?
The bass was just really loud on alotta the tracks we heard. Besideds who gon stop me, i don't think it will be dubstep influenced at all. Some songs sounded like they might be but that was just because the recording device used for the snippets was not able to handle that loud of bass and it came out sounding slightly like dubstep

·
Registered
26,181 Posts
I heard like 5-10 seconds of the Who Gon Stop Me snippet and the beat sounded pretty much like the sample they took. Didn't impress me much beatwise tbh. Listen to the original by Flux "I can't stop".

1 - 20 of 25 Posts