Kanye to The banner

WTT better sell more than Recovery...

380 views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  barrano247 
#1 ·
Though I respect Em, I really want Jay and Ye to sell more than him.

Fuck him....buy WTT homes

#8 ·
WTT rapes recovery tbh, but there exists a thing called "Singles". Recovery had love the way you lie which was probably the most popular song of 2010, and im not afraid which was also one of the most popular songs of 2010, and they blew up before the album dropped. Eminem seems to be a master at making radio singles and releasing them at the right time, which is part of the reason he sold so much. Jay an Kanye can do that too but with WTT they wanted it to be all subtle till it dropped, so outside of rap circles it doesnt have that much hype. I think it might sell around 150-300k first week, but its no beating recovery lol, unless lift off just destroys the radio in the next few days.

#11 ·
Alex Trebek said:
I meant first week sales.....you dont think WTT could do 740k?
First week sales are possible to beat, but by all regular standards, WTT has not had normal promotion. Two very far apart singles, no music video before album release, and it released exclusively on iTunes with no retail copy. This stuff will factor in.

#12 ·
barrano247 said:
WTT rapes recovery tbh, but there exists a thing called "Singles". Recovery had love the way you lie which was probably the most popular song of 2010, and im not afraid which was also one of the most popular songs of 2010, and they blew up before the album dropped. Eminem seems to be a master at making radio singles and releasing them at the right time, which is part of the reason he sold so much. Jay an Kanye can do that too but with WTT they wanted it to be all subtle till it dropped, so outside of rap circles it doesnt have that much hype. I think it might sell around 150-300k first week, but its no beating recovery lol, unless lift off just destroys the radio in the next few days.
Sums it up perfectly and Recovery was pretty awful too.
But technically hasn't it sold a million day 1 with preorders and all? Or are those not counted?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.