Kanye to The banner

What do you think of this?

• You're the GOAT, and I love your posts, but this is DUMB

Votes: 8 34.8%
  • You're the GOAT, and I love your posts, and I agree.

Votes: 15 65.2%
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Banned
10,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So far, we've heard the tentative final (as in they've been released, but can always be changed before album release) versions of 2 songs on Watch the Throne.

On Otis, there is exactly 2 minutes of rapping.
On HAM, we got exactly 2.5 minutes of rapping.

Clearly, this is not the type of stuff we expect from Kanye, who during the MBDTF era (and G.O.O.D Fridays) put out songs consistently with twice as much rapping.

Now, we know that the producers that were picked for this project are WORLD CLASS, and we all want to hear their beats play, but we also want some rapping.

We also know that the album was scrapped twice, and Jay and Ye had to start anew, because the production was too crazy.

Based on what we've been given so far, is anyone else afraid that this will be more of a Production Showcase than a rap showcase?

I think it might be.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
DOTRstan said:
So far, we've heard the tentative final (as in they've been released, but can always be changed before album release) versions of 2 songs on Watch the Throne.

On Otis, there is exactly 2 minutes of rapping.
On HAM, we got exactly 2.5 minutes of rapping.

Clearly, this is not the type of stuff we expect from Kanye, who during the MBDTF era (and G.O.O.D Fridays) put out songs consistently with twice as much rapping.

Now, we know that the producers that were picked for this project are WORLD CLASS, and we all want to hear their beats play, but we also want some rapping.

We also know that the album was scrapped twice, and Jay and Ye had to start anew, because the production was too crazy.

Based on what we've been given so far, is anyone else afraid that this will be more of a Production Showcase than a rap showcase?

I think it might be.
either i will be happ once they drop the damn album

·
Registered
16,543 Posts
DOTRstan said:
IM DROPPING GOAT THREADS ON THESE BOARDS AND NO ONE IS RESPONDING
man you're funny
tbh since black album i feel like jay z has been doin songs with dope production, good flows and medicore lyrics
so imo jays albums have been production showcases for a while now..

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
DOTRstan said:
Wrong.

MBDTF is Kanye SHORTEST album. I'm talking about rap verses.

The songs are 5+ minutes because is plagued with features. I''l rather listen to 3 minutes of Kanye and Jay rapping than 5+ minutes of Big Sean, Cyhi, Pusha-T, Rick Ross, Nick Minaj etc.

·
Registered
5,318 Posts
If anything, I think MBDTF was a showcase of production and less lyrics from the star of the show (it was plagued with features).  I'm inclined to believe that the sound of WTT is going to be more raw and certainly less cinematic than MBDTF, and with more memorable verses from both artists.  Evident already because people are complaining that "Otis" is boring, despite the opposite.  Why?  Because it isn't the complicated and overproduced sound that made everyone drool over MBDTF.  The beat can be simple and still be a banger. 

·
Registered
5,318 Posts
renangms said:
Wrong.

MBDTF is Kanye SHORTEST album. I'm talking about rap verses.

The songs are 5+ minutes because is plagued with features. I''l rather listen to 3 minutes of Kanye and Jay rapping than 5+ minutes of Big Sean, Cyhi, Pusha-T, Rick Ross, Nick Minaj etc.
truth.com

·
Registered
372 Posts
umm MBDTF was a production show case. half that album was probably bridges and breakdowns lol. if anything it's the opposite right now. The Joy, Otis and most of That's My Bitch are lyrical showcases. HAM was just an over excessive track towards the end with subpar content.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts