Kanye to The banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
8,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've listened to it before, but always thought it was a good album but somewhat overrated... I thought it had a lot of flaws and had a lot of "small" tracks like (Addiction, Bring Me Down, Roses)..

But I just listened to it again, and this shit is amazing. I think it's better than Graduation and very close to College Dropout. And I'm leaving 808s and MBDTF out of this conversation for now..

I think it's a more polished version of College Dropout.. And I just think musically and I think he's lyrically better on LR over Graduation..

·
Registered
8,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
JawDropper said:
Addiction, Bring me down and roses was the best part of the album for me.
Yeah I know, before I listened to it, and i thought they were good tracks, but kind of "small"... Like didn't have that great of an impact...

But after listening to it again, they all great songs with huge impact... and then you get Crack Music, which I think is one of Kanye's best songs on the album, along with Diamonds of Sierra Leone Remix with a great Jay verse...

And it doesn't have that many "poppy" records... Like Gold Digger but even Gold Digger's a dope song...

I just think this is one of Kanye's best albums, and I think it's very underrated now...

·
Registered
8,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
TGI Fresh said:
fave Ye album for me.. although MBDTF comes close
I'm listening to Ye's discography over again.... and right now College Dropout and Late Registration are very close... and Graduation right behind them...

Listening to 808s and then MBDTF later today..

·
Registered
8,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Stinky said:
in terms of complex lyrics (when something is more complex lyrically people say its better lyrically lol)..

MBDTF > LR > GRAD > CD

its kind of unfair to compare 808's with his other albums lyrcally because its  a singing album  compared
Yeah it's kind of strange to think that he progressed lyrically on LR and then regressed on Graduation... Graduation's lyrics weren't very good. But very great production... so it evens out a little bit.

·
Registered
35,081 Posts
iYeezy said:
I love the 3 songs you mentioned, if only Bring Me Down had more verses... :allears:

His verse in Bring Me Down is mostly from here.

·
Registered
8,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
iYeezy said:
I love the 3 songs you mentioned, if only Bring Me Down had more verses... :allears:
Yeah I always loved them, but never thought he really filled them out completely... like Bring Me Down... but actually there is a lot of substance in those songs....

Although I wish he had another verse on Bring me Down.

·
Registered
8,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
YallWelcome said:
CD>MBDTF>808s
LR & CD tied at least to me i hate crack music and i love game just never got into that track...
I was never a huge fan of that song either... but it grew on me enormously after listening again... songs great IMO

1 - 20 of 63 Posts