Kanye to The banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
29,297 Posts
To be honest, I like how the beat is sorta separated :dno:

The drums are crispyish and the synths come in and tie it up nicely imo.

Also, you can't hate on Q-tip's production and mixing :datass:

·
Registered
5,966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
DennisLegit said:
To be honest, I like how the beat is sorta separated :dno:

The drums are crispyish and the synths come in and tie it up nicely imo.

Also, you can't hate on Q-tip's production and mixing :datass:
lol, no hate, just too add a little spice to it

·
Registered
35,081 Posts
Leaked Version >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Album Version.

·
Banned
18,305 Posts
Shayjr said:
dont knock it til you try it.
Naw... its just not gonna mesh. Part of being a producer is knowing what sounds will best mesh with one another and how much should be added to and removed from a song. And adding double bass is something that doesn't really mesh and it wouldn't add much upside, if any, to the song.

·
Registered
5,966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Royal Prince Al said:
Naw... its just not gonna mesh. Part of being a producer is knowing what sounds will best mesh with one another and how much should be added to and removed from a song. And adding double bass is something that doesn't really mesh and it wouldn't add much upside, if any, to the song.
i bet your shit smells cupcakes too :fly:

·
Registered
610 Posts
...You don't normally play chords on a double bass. The strings are so thick on a double bass that if you play two different frequencies, the combined frequency becomes muddled and you a sort of blur of notes. I mean, you can play a double stop, but normally these aren't produced well with a double bass.

I believe you meant to say a bass line or a melodic line on a double bass. Or an electric bass, which is an instrument you can play a semblance of a chord (but it would usually be called a triple stop or quadruple stop).

·
Registered
5,966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The Illmatic Dropout said:
I believe you meant to say a bass line or a melodic line on a double bass. Or an electric bass, which is an instrument you can play a semblance of a chord (but it would usually be called a triple stop or quadruple stop).
this is what i meant, thank you

·
Banned
18,305 Posts
The Illmatic Dropout said:
...You don't normally play chords on a double bass. The strings are so thick on a double bass that if you play two different frequencies, the combined frequency becomes muddled and you a sort of blur of notes. I mean, you can play a double stop, but normally these aren't produced well with a double bass.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts