Kanye to The banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. I’m coming up with a producer name & I'd really like your help / perspective on this: Do you guys think that having a weird producer name could have a negative impact on my career as I’m first starting out? For example, I like the names HankyDoodle, ManWithFork & JimAteMySandwichAgain. But I fear that these weird producer names might equate to less listeners & less sales -> maybe people won't take me seriously / not want to check out my content based off the strange name. What do you guys think? Personally, I can see the swag & funniness in these names but I could also see how some people, or potentially many people, might not get it & not want to checkout my content because they think my producer name's stupid. What do you guys think? Would it would be better to go with a less creative, more direct name like "insert first name here" beats instead of something that's totally weird & out there?

·
Registered
50,306 Posts
yes cause i assure you, nobody want to put out a track like "bad bitches (feat. future) [Prod. by Stank Noodle]

your beats can be hard af but that name gone have to change tbh

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
justltj said:
yes cause i assure you, nobody want to put out a track like "bad bitches (feat. future) [Prod. by Stank Noodle]

your beats can be hard af but that name gone have to change tbh
Yeah man. having a fucked up name like stank noodle or, titty almonds, or cum in my drums will probably fuck u up a lil.. but I’m talkin more milder weird names.. like FleeceHat, or goldRose, or Smileitstuesday.. u think havin a weird name like that would be more or less effective then having a more direct / standard name like [insert first name here] beats.. does it even matter at the end of the day?

·
Registered
50,306 Posts
bobuffet said:
Yeah man. having a fucked up name like stank noodle or, titty almonds, or cum in my drums will probably fuck u up a lil.. but I’m talkin more milder weird names.. like FleeceHat, or goldRose, or Smileitstuesday.. u think havin a weird name like that would be more or less effective then having a more direct / standard name like [insert first name here] beats.. does it even matter at the end of the day?
The names you dropped here are nice tbh. Dont see how that would stop success. But the names you dropped in the op would. that's why I put stank noodle cause it lined up with the examples you gave lol

1 - 9 of 9 Posts