Kanye to The banner
101 - 108 of 108 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,515 Posts
Steven Colbear said:
If you were even slightly aware of the situation with Atlantic, you should be amazed that Lasers still has some of the original songs intact. The only songs that really scream "sell out" are IDWCRN and OOMH. The Show Goes On accomplishes the original Lasers goal of spreading a positive message to a wider audience. Never Forget You, the other Atlantic song, just sounds uninspired.Break the Chain is a replacement for Stereo Sun, which Lupe lost the rights to use on Lasers.  I can understand why people wouldn't enjoy the production and chorus, the the verses were solid.  The rest of the album is quite good.
Saigon was in the same situation and got out, Lupe wouldn't have released have released Lasers if he didn't want to. Fuck out.

·
Registered
11,651 Posts
Steven Colbear said:
If you were even slightly aware of the situation with Atlantic, you should be amazed that Lasers still has some of the original songs intact. The only songs that really scream "sell out" are IDWCRN and OOMH. The Show Goes On accomplishes the original Lasers goal of spreading a positive message to a wider audience. Never Forget You, the other Atlantic song, just sounds uninspired.Break the Chain is a replacement for Stereo Sun, which Lupe lost the rights to use on Lasers.  I can understand why people wouldn't enjoy the production and chorus, the the verses were solid.  The rest of the album is quite good.
There's no excuse for how album being wack tbh

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Steven Colbear said:
i am fully aware of the shit lupe got and i sympathised.

doesnt stop the whole album being a pile of shit tho.

opinions are like arseholes, everyone has one.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Steven Colbear said:
That should not be and isn't the only criteria for an albums' quality.
i never said that it should, but the hype surrounding that album raised expectations to a level tyler could never meet.

goblin was ok imo.

101 - 108 of 108 Posts