Kanye to The banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This has happened a few times, I was okay with it a few times due to the circumstances but today was pretty much bullshit..

background: I work at a gift shop and most of the time I'm here by myself until the next shift comes. Today I opened so I was expecting my lunch break at 12. we close early on weekends. A coworker was supposed to come in but my manager/roommate had been ignoring her calls (it's a long story) and we didn't find out until a few hours before she was supposed to come in on Friday and she's scheduled to work Friday-Sunday with me. All the other coworkers were able to cover her shifts but now my manager doesn't wanna do his part.

my temporary manager (also my roommate) told me he didn't feel like coming in this morning so he wasn't going to come in and pretty much left me to work an extra hour or so and close up. this has happened to be a handful of times and I'm pretty much fed up with it bc they never really ask me if its okay they just tell me to do it. it really pissed me off today seeing as that he just didn't feel like coming in, he's deadass probably at home smoking and chillin lol. plus knowing this dude he probably thought about it the night before and didn't say shit. I even told him this morning that we were out 5s so I wouldn't be able to make change and he still didn't wanna come in. anyways, everybody knows this shit isn't legal so is there anyway I can some money from this? I don't have any exact dates just today's, but I'm sure I can look in the system if I really wanted to..

I really just wanna know if there's any action I can take from this? this is bullshit bruh

·
Registered
20,441 Posts
next time flash the gat and see what they have to say then

·
Registered
950 Posts
DiFFERENCE said:
he's hella cool.. like that's my *****, but this has happened prior to him becoming manager lol
Sounds like he would smack fire out u if u spoke up about this situation tho, better just go with the flow bruh

·
Registered
4,943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
theophobia. said:
Sounds like he would smack fire out u if u spoke up about this situation tho, better just go with the flow bruh
nah, he wouldn't.. even if he did I'd throw hands back bruh. I got height and reach on this dude bruh lol. that probably won't happen tho lmao

regardless, I'd be suing the company not him.. I'd probably break him off something anyways lol

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Is that Jeezy in your avi? gross

on topic tho, i say just let it go man, i know what you mean it does fucking suck but nowadays in hard af to find a job so just take the good with the bad

·
Registered
4,943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Skyrim said:

on topic tho, i say just let it go man, i know what you mean it does fucking suck but nowadays in hard af to find a job so just take the good with the bad
Yung Joc lol

this shit isn't legal tho, why should I have to put up with something that shouldn't be happening in the first place?

·
Registered
4,763 Posts
Next time that happens just close up shop for an hour and take your break

You aren't the owner or manager, you don't get paid to be in charge of the entire store for a whole day

And jobs like that are a dime a dozen, don't like it just quit and work somewhere else

·
Banned
9,017 Posts
Yeah California is one of the states that actually has laws against this so you could bring it up for legal action. It would probably be more of a hassle than its worth though and would be a lot of work on your end lmao you'd be better off just  finding another job if it's bothering you that much

·
Registered
4,943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Mello3 said:
Yeah California is one of the states that actually has laws against this so you could bring it up for legal action. It would probably be more of a hassle than its worth though and would be a lot of work on your end lmao you'd be better off just  finding another job if it's bothering you that much
that's a good point, thanks bruh

G

·
Skyrim said:

LMFAO WHAT

1 - 17 of 17 Posts