Kanye to The banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
it randomly came up to me again so i googled it..found this article..
http://www.complex.com/blogs/2009/10/13/r-i-p-pastelle-a-history-of-kanyes-lost-clothing-line/

was there a reason why it never came out?

·
Registered
914 Posts
i think he mentioned at one point he just couldn't afford it, at first PASTELLE was approached as a streetwear brand... then its concept jumped to some high end fashion couture line. Which cost tremendous amounts of money and time

·
Registered
189 Posts
I wanted that Pastelle jacket so bad, I'm sure he's still got stuff coming. Its Kanye, so he IS going to take his time until he feels like the best clothing line in the world. Just wish it would be sooner...

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
He blamed it on Lindsey Lohan more recently... Said her fashion line was the "9/11 of fashion" and said it made people stop trusting celebrities in fashion which made it impossible for him... at one point he actually couldn't even get an internship.

·
Registered
2,747 Posts
It will come back in the future, probably when he slows down from music. You gotta realize his entire career he's said designing was his true passion.

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
The magazine reported that when 'Ye was asked how his long-gestating signature clothing line, Pastelle, was coming along, he repeated the dis against Lohan, who is currently in rehab, quipping, "Did you not see the Lindsay/Ungaro collection? ... There are so many ups and downs, hurts and pains in fashion. It's extremely frustrating, because I do have opinions on color palettes and fabrics, but do I have the time to pick out every belt buckle? ... I don't have 20 years of fashion experience, and my father wasn't a tailor able to train me. The only way it would work was if I sat next to a designer."

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.