Kanye to The banner

Will Kanye still make beats?

• Yes. Just as many, and just as great.

Votes: 12 18.5%
  • Yes, but significantly fewer.

Votes: 35 53.8%
  • No. It will now be a once in a blue moon affair.

Votes: 4 6.2%
  • DON'T ABANDON US KANYE!

Votes: 14 21.5%
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Banned
13,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Think about it. Hit-Boy, Lifted, Q-tip. Seems like Kanye is putting the production of GOOD into the hands of other peopel and slowly moving on to other things (fashion?).

How do you feel about this?

·
Registered
40,554 Posts
I mean, Kanye releases HIS albums on Roc-A-Fella, not Good Music.

The whole point of Good music is to help others shine, not Kanye. I think for his next solo it will still be Ye beats alongside other legends(RZA, No ID, etc.)

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
Yeah, and with all these rappers I doubt he will keep writing. At most Kanye will become another Dr. Dre, at worst he'll just be another Puffy.

·
Registered
61,573 Posts
Nah, Ye stopped to produce after 2007... Finding Forever, Grad...

But sometimes he still produce, Live Fast Die Young, Otis...

·
Registered
5,576 Posts
HouseOfCards said:
Yeah, and with all these rappers I doubt he will keep writing. At most Kanye will become another Dr. Dre, at worst he'll just be another Puffy.
He is wayyyy to cocky to just spit a verse written by someone else. He always bounces lines and asks opinions but his ego would never allow him to just spit a verse someone wrote for him. You don't know Kanye for shit if you think he would ever do that.

Another thing is you people don't understand is that being a great PRODUCER is what he is doing now. Y'all are talking about beat making, that is what most so called producers do these days. Kanye is an actual producer who oversees the entire process and makes it all come together perfectly. He is a modern Quincy Jones and you all just want him to be a beat maker like its 2001.

Simpletons on the Internet.

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
HouseOfCards said:
I understand why you would say this, but I can't see him stop writing completely. Might bounce ideas, and have help from Rhymefest & others, but he's so personal and always has so much to say, so I don't see him stopping the writing aspect. I think he always wanted to be a rapper/singer more than a producer.

He will make less beats I think. But we'll see. He'll co-produce and add his own touches for sure.

·
Registered
61,573 Posts
Joseph Anid said:
He's saving all the good beats for himself tbh
This. Probably we will only see beats produce by himself on his next album.

Or if somebody pay a lot of $$$$$, i have sure that Kanye beats nowadays can rape your bank account.

·
Registered
8,482 Posts
There will more than likely be Ye production on Ross album.

·
Registered
10,982 Posts
He seems to enjoy the role more as a creative director of a project then to simply sit down and make them on his own. Which is probably why he's drafted all these different producers

1 - 20 of 35 Posts