Kanye to The banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
28,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trent Richardson ran a 4.4 in the 40 today. Pretty much solidifying his all star potential but will The Browns pass up on Trent just like they did Adrian Peterson a few years back when they were nearly in the exact same spot in the draft(number 4 then now they're number 3) or will they smarten up and draft what could be a once in a generation Running Back to fill a hole they so desperately need.....no **** >_>

·
Premium Member
117,651 Posts
I dont like the idea of drafting a RB top 5

They are cost a lot and last a little

With a top 5 pick youre aiming for probowls and a long sustained career

Rbs have short shelflife

·
Banned
29,484 Posts
First of all, Trent Richardson did not run a 4.4 at his pro day.  I don't know where the hell you're reading, but he was clocked around a high 4.5 to a low 4.6.  Second of all, Trent Richardson is not nearly the prospect Adrian Peterson was coming out of college and Peterson was drafted at 7th overall.  The fourth selection is incredibly high to draft a position like running back.  Lastly, the guy the Browns took in '07, Joe Thomas, has yet to miss a start, has made 5 consecutive Pro Bowls and is widely regarded as one of, if not the best, offensive tackles in the NFL.

As a Browns fan, I'm not entirely opposed to drafting Richardson since the other options don't appeal to me on offense (Tannehill, Blackmon) or don't fit the need for offensive playmakers (Claiborne) but let's be reasonable here.  Richardson is a nice prospect but he's not the second coming of Jim Brown.

·
Registered
54,358 Posts
I think Cleveland would be better off trading down this year

get extra picks..... team has so many holes on offense

·
Registered
28,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
JAYHAWKS said:
First of all, Trent Richardson did not run a 4.4 at his pro day.  I don't know where the hell you're reading, but he was clocked around a high 4.5 to a low 4.6.  Second of all, Trent Richardson is not nearly the prospect Adrian Peterson was coming out of college and Peterson was drafted at 7th overall.  The fourth selection is incredibly high to draft a position like running back.  Lastly, the guy the Browns took in '07, Joe Thomas, has yet to miss a start, has made 5 consecutive Pro Bowls and is widely regarded as one of, if not the best, offensive tackles in the NFL.

As a Browns fan, I'm not entirely opposed to drafting Richardson since the other options don't appeal to me on offense (Tannehill, Blackmon) or don't fit the need for offensive playmakers (Claiborne) but let's be reasonable here.  Richardson is a nice prospect but he's not the second coming of Jim Brown.
I'm reading and watching sportcenter who have reported that he clocked in at 4.43. Where did you get those 4.5 reports from?

·
Premium Member
117,651 Posts
FlyMx said:
I'm reading and watching sportcenter who have reported that he clocked in at 4.43. Where did you get those 4.5 reports from?
He ran a unofficial 4.58 at his pro day

·
Banned
29,484 Posts
DA REAL LEO said:

That's what I think we'll try to do.  I'm just worried that if we trade down to say the sixth pick, Blackmon and Richardson will be off the board and we'll be left only with Tannehill.

·
Registered
3,736 Posts
DA REAL LEO said:

Makes most sense. Cuz I feel like they should get Malcom Floyd (bigger target)idk if I trust the Rb's this year but you could get a decent one in the 2nd round(Richardson is overrated in my eyes) they might as well go TE or wideout again cuz idk what defensive talent will be their at 22

1 - 20 of 25 Posts