Kanye to The banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
25,829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ralph Lauren said:
The beat had to grow on me a bit, but it did fit after listening to it a couple times. You have that lazy laid back flow. Kind of reminds me of Chip Tha Ripper on this track. The song was clearly about a girl so there's not much I can say about the subject matter.

Ralph Lauren said:
Do you produce these beats? If not you choose beats with this kind of trippy sound to them. I like the wobble bass in it. It had some good punchlines and everyone likes talking about what they have I guess so not bad.

Ralph Lauren said:
The flow was kind of sub par in my opinion on this one. You stuck with your trippy choice of beats, but I didn't really like it. Out of the three that you posted this one in my opinion is your weakest.

·
Banned
4,807 Posts
i'll do it too tbh i guess i'll just post in this thread quote if you want a reivew.. i dunno i'm not a pro reviewer or anything but i'll check it out and give good and bad points

·
Banned
4,807 Posts
RobHiko. said:
very hard hitting, the opener is pretty strong, lots of kind of aggressive tracks and it felt very fast. gotta admit i didn't like the second track, lots of these tracks could have been slowed down and more varied, it seems to be a pretty simple beat and rap and there didn't seem like enough breakdowns or interlude-y parts to make it feel really good to listen to

the rapping is definitely good, lyrics wise but needs to slow down a bit imo and maybe put a bit more varied emphasis and emotion in there, change up styles more

could mention swag less also lol

I don't wanna grow up was pretty great, pretty original and unique, there were quite a few good hooks on the tape, kinda catchy and clever

main cons with the album were the beats that mostly seemed aggressive, or maybe it was the rapping? the rapping just didn't really change much between tracks so didn't make them feel as unique if you know what i'm saying, but the beats get better as it goes on, Attention adults is real good, i really like some of the subject matters on the tape

G

·
Steamboat said:
very hard hitting, the opener is pretty strong, lots of kind of aggressive tracks and it felt very fast. gotta admit i didn't like the second track, lots of these tracks could have been slowed down and more varied, it seems to be a pretty simple beat and rap and there didn't seem like enough breakdowns or interlude-y parts to make it feel really good to listen to

the rapping is definitely good, lyrics wise but needs to slow down a bit imo and maybe put a bit more varied emphasis and emotion in there, change up styles more

could mention swag less also lol

I don't wanna grow up was pretty great, pretty original and unique, there were quite a few good hooks on the tape, kinda catchy and clever

main cons with the album were the beats that mostly seemed aggressive, or maybe it was the rapping? the rapping just didn't really change much between tracks so didn't make them feel as unique if you know what i'm saying, but the beats get better as it goes on, Attention adults is real good, i really like some of the subject matters on the tape
Wow. Thanks for the thorough review! :h5: If anyone else wants to give their feedback, feel free. :D

·
Registered
25,829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
B-ri said:
you're only doing whole projects or will you review separate songs too?
I'll do separate songs too.

Sorry everybody for not getting to it yet.. it's been a busy day.. I'm gonna start now.

·
Registered
25,829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
5th Element said:
I first thought of the twilight zone when it started playing.. not sure why though. It's very ambient and spacy.. It kind of sounds like what I think floating through a dream might sound like. Sometimes it felt like it could've been a little more on tempo in spots, but it didn't really distract me to much. The more I listen the more I think this could've been on one of those old trippy movies. I'd have to say that this track would probably be best played on drugs haha..

1 - 17 of 17 Posts