Kanye to The banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
4,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
....do you think about the sales so much??

It aint about how much its selling its how good the music is... and the music will be just as good if the album flops - sales wise.

You know what...i'd rather not have this album or any singles go #1 or even top 10...cause i dont like to listen the same music as all of these f*cking teenagers....it doesnt get any more annoying than have somebody pop up in yo face like "yoo, you heard about kanye west? he has that new single...that....that....well i dont remember the name but it goes like............." and yeah, that has happened A LOT!

SOMEBODY PLS EXPLAIN!

·
Registered
300 Posts
why.....

did you only put the word why in your thread title
to trick us into clicking on a subject that there are already ten threads about?

·
Premium Member
224,782 Posts
Because, you idiot, if Kanye doesn't sell his music, then Kanye doesn't make music? You got that? Are you an idiot?

You don't realize music is a business? Are you honestly asking why Kanye, a man who makes music TO DO HIS JOB, "cares" about sales? YOU might be a homeless bum on the street who spent his remaining cash on a laptop so you make make idiotic threads like these but Kanye isn't one of those people. Are you serious? You're asking why Kanye, or his fans, should this sales are important.

As a matter of fact, hey guys, why does McDonalds think it's so important to sell Big Macs? Why does The Boondocks think it's important that they have a lot of viewers? Why do ordinary people think it's so important to go to work on time and do a good job while they're there? It's just money. That's all.

Why the fuck wouldn't he care about sales? You take those away, you take Kanye's music away. You take that away, you take this site away. And maybe that's what should happen so I don't have to read these types of threads.

·
Registered
15,589 Posts
Tito. said:
Because, you idiot, if Kanye doesn't sell his music, then Kanye doesn't make music? You got that? Are you an idiot?

You don't realize music is a business? Are you honestly asking why Kanye, a man who makes music TO DO HIS JOB, "cares" about sales? YOU might be a homeless bum on the street who spent his remaining cash on a laptop so you make make idiotic threads like these but Kanye isn't one of those people. Are you serious? You're asking why Kanye, or his fans, should this sales are important.

As a matter of fact, hey guys, why does McDonalds think it's so important to sell Big Macs? Why does The Boondocks think it's important that they have a lot of viewers? Why do ordinary people think it's so important to go to work on time and do a good job while they're there? It's just money. That's all.

Why the fuck wouldn't he care about sales? You take those away, you take Kanye's music away. You take that away, you take this site away. And maybe that's what should happen so I don't have to read these types of threads.
lol someone is mad
and
crispy14 said:
You're totally right, music should be the most important thing.
word

·
Registered
7,618 Posts
ThreeOhFiive said:
You know what...i'd rather not have this album or any singles go #1 or even top 10...cause i dont like to listen the same music as all of these f*cking teenagers....it doesnt get any more annoying than have somebody pop up in yo face like "yoo, you heard about kanye west? he has that new single...that....that....well i dont remember the name but it goes like............." and yeah, that has happened A LOT!
You've got to be fucking joking me. You should want as many people as possible to hear and love Ye's music, no matter who they are.

·
Registered
7,618 Posts
Tito. said:

Perfectly said.

I am done being nice today and for a while, some of this shit is so fucking dumb. "Ohhh I don't want teenagers to hear Ye's music." You sound like a fucking hipster.

·
Premium Member
224,782 Posts
Besides, record sales are an accurate representation of people liking your music. You make music people enjoy, people will buy it. That's how life works. That's how music works. That's how business works.

Now I wonder who the first ***** who says "yo, but Wayne sells a lot of records but his shit is shit"... well ***** there are a lot of people in the world and millions and millions of them think VERY DIFFERENTLY. You're in a group of 100 people and 99 of them like Wayne and you don't. How the hell you gonna tell me that he doesn't make good music? How you gonna tell me they're dumb for saying he makes good music but you're not? You can talk all the crack you want here on this website but that ***** across the street is gonna buy that new Wayne album. I'm not saying Lil' Wayne is my favorite rapper ever or something but people like him for a reason and people show him support for a reason.

If Jay Electronica is scared to go mainstream then that's his fault. I wonder why certain rappers actually DON'T sell a lot. Since all of you consider Kanye an underground artist for some reason (non-mainstream), don't you think it's weird that he sells 975,000 copies in the opening week but Mos Def sells 60? Hm.

Uh, who really makes the good music? Sales aren't important? Yeah, any and every hypocrite whose favorite rapper DOESN'T sell will say that.

·
Registered
7,002 Posts
ThreeOhFiive said:

So you don't want people to hear Kanye's music and you don't want him to succeed?

You want his music to go unheard by the masses and for him to go down as an underground artist who couldn't make it big/mainstream?

You don't want everyone to appreciate his great art and for it to be recognized with amazing sales and radio play?

·
Premium Member
68,701 Posts
"Same music as these fucking teenagers"

lol old man jenkins ass *****

but yeah anyways Tito came in and said everything I was thinking so :work:

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
if i was a musician, i'd want everyone to bump my shit, because that's how you leave your mark on the world, you think michael jackson gave a fuck about who played his music?
Oh I guess since Kanye's raps, he should only be enjoyed by only a certain group of people?
I wish people would get the point by now that Kanye's plan is to have his music played in absolutely everyone's house!

I shouldn't care so much about his sales, but damnit Kanye better worry about his sales!

·
Registered
7,618 Posts
Can someone lock this? I love seeing the OP get ripped apart, but I almost feel bad for people who have to read this shit because this thread is that fucking dumb.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Without sales, record companies wouldn't really want anything to do with the artists... I mean sales are waht make the company and the artist money so yea its pretty damn important bro.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts