Kanye to The banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
133,915 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
why don't Wayne change his name and release a album under OVO/Warner or roc nation. So he can make money

Jayz was ready to release a album on badboy under the name iceberg slim in 1997 cause he had a terrible rocafella deal,

then when big died shit got fucked up. You can sign a deal if you change our name cause the label own your name and

your music under that name but they don't own you. Prince changed his name too and got a better deal under the artist

formally known as prince

·
Premium Member
68,701 Posts
The O.G. said:
dude jay was a owner in roc-a-fella...he was gonna be in a group called the commission though.
He could have had a fucked up deal with the people who distributed/partnered with them at the time, I'm not sure if it was Def Jam or Priority

·
Registered
133,915 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
user said:
He could have had a fucked up deal with the people who distributed/partnered with them at the time, I'm not sure if it was Def Jam or Priority
he was in a shitty deal
When BIG died and mase came along puff pushed Mase and left Jayz hanging
Then mase and Jayz started beefing in 98

·
Registered
133,915 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The O.G. said:
dude jay was a owner in roc-a-fella...he was gonna be in a group called the commission though.
Ant Geezy said:
he was in a shitty deal
When BIG died and mase came along puff pushed Mase and left Jayz hanging
Then mase and Jayz started beefing in 98

·
Banned
12,986 Posts
Ant Geezy said:
it is true
My cousin was about to sign to badboy in 98 and people in the studio were talking about it
jay got a distribution deal with def jam in 97. how was he gonna sign with bad boy?

·
Registered
133,915 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The O.G. said:
jay got a distribution deal with def jam in 97. how was he gonna sign with bad boy?
under the name ice berg slim
And let dame and them white dudes have the Jayz name

1 - 20 of 41 Posts