Kanye to The banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need help from some of the tech savvy users.

I have a Samsung Stratosphere from Verizon. I've had it since December of 2011 and it's been fine up until the past few weeks. The camera app opens, and you can see everything on the phone, but when you go to take an actual picture it doesn't capture the picture.

Then when you switch it to camcorder and press the record button, it pops up as "error recording video" twice, then when i press ok both times, it just has the lines as the loading screen on there until you exit the app and you cant press any buttons.

The camera ends up working every now and then, but most of the time this is what happens.

·
Registered
10,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
almighty1 said:
not sure but have your tried to hard reset your device or do factory reset?
how do you do that? won't i lose everything on my phone if i do that though?

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
freebread said:
how do you do that? won't i lose everything on my phone if i do that though?
yes you will. back up everything in case, maybe its a software issue, where a quick reset would fix.

·
Registered
10,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
almighty1 said:
yes you will. back up everything in case, maybe its a software issue, where a quick reset would fix.
so if i just move everything i need onto my sd card and do a reset, ill be good?

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
freebread said:
so if i just move everything i need onto my sd card and do a reset, ill be good?
oh if u have a sd card in it just take it out and safely back up anything thats on the phone, i mean I'm not sure it will fix it but its definitely a trouble shooting process step you would have to go through

·
0 Posts
freebread said:
Need help from some of the tech savvy users.

I have a Samsung Stratosphere from Verizon. I've had it since December of 2011 and it's been fine up until the past few weeks. The camera app opens, and you can see everything on the phone, but when you go to take an actual picture it doesn't capture the picture.

Then when you switch it to camcorder and press the record button, it pops up as "error recording video" twice, then when i press ok both times, it just has the lines as the loading screen on there until you exit the app and you cant press any buttons.

The camera ends up working every now and then, but most of the time this is what happens.
Hasnt been a year so just go to Verizon and if they can't figure it out they will give u a new one.

·
Registered
43,570 Posts
sa said:
Its doesn't have a custom ROM does it? Alot of these have camera app problems.
If you have an android phone, you can sync all your contacts to your google account. So when you factory reset, you can come back and just log on and it'll resync everything. I think you can even sync your apps too, It might only work on Android 4.x tho...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts