Kanye to The banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 205 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
that runaway wasnt a huge hit, it wasnt good. if lil wayne or drake dropped this, evey single one (myself included) on this site wouldve made fun of it. It's truely a very bad song with a good (coulve been great) beat

·
Banned
85,044 Posts
i like the song especially the chorus but it isn't a huge hit. but w/e ye doesn't want to be a huge mainstream rapper anymore :dno:

·
Registered
7,618 Posts
ChildRebelSoldier said:
that runaway wasnt a huge hit, it wasnt good. if lil wayne or drake dropped this, evey single one (myself included) on this site wouldve made fun of it. It's truely a very bad song with a good (coulve been great) beat
I hate to say it, but you're right. But, and this will sound like such an excuse, I have so much faith in Kanye that if he is putting out a song that has basically retarded lyrics to the naked ear, it must have some deeper meaning. And it does, and it grew on me, and now I love it.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wake Up Mr. West said:
i like the song especially the chorus but it isn't a huge hit. but w/e ye doesn't want to be a huge mainstream rapper anymore :dno:
ye doesnt wanna be a huge mainstream rapper?
even stans know better than that. theres nothing wrong with being popular, 2pac, radiohead both popular and great.

·
Premium Member
90,786 Posts
It's pretty good. In our eyes we expect more but hey, people loving the song. Haven't heard a bad comment on it in public so :kanyeshrug:

·
Registered
47,646 Posts
2001 said:
  :wom:. Stans are comin.. :ahhh:
looob basically...wether I like the song or not, thats not important. i just think it was a bad choice for the 2nd single  :dno: I remember everyone was overhyping Runaway since the VMAs, and I was one of the few that saw results and threads like this coming. "thats what happens when niggas don't listen" :dno: :kanyeshrug: :dno:

·
Registered
593 Posts
i agree, i personally dont really enjoy the song. it has a very simple beat that never really changes. its catchy i guess but i feel kanye could have done more with it.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i dont hate it, i just think that if somebody you didnt like made this song you wouldve been happy. it makes ripping on kanye real easy

·
Registered
519 Posts
Its not a club song, like kanye said, he doesnt produce songs so they fit as club bangers, his music is art. Runaway is art and is a very personal song, i guess thats why it aint a'club banger'. AOTL will be one anyway though.

1 - 20 of 205 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.