Kanye to The banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
7,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After Below the Heavens, Blu had a massive hyped behind him being one of the few to truly drop a modern classic. Why wasn't he able to go mainstream? He had most of the qualities, he can deliver a singing hook without sounding forced or terrible (The Narrow Path, O Heaven). He can create tracks that are catchy and radio friendly yet not sound dumb down (Blu Colla Worker, First Things First). Hell, he even had the backing of Miguel behind him. How was he not able to go mainstream?

·
Registered
15,598 Posts
"For what it's worth I almost blew up, but I heard y'all, had to kick back, wipe my smirk off."
Sorry if the lyrics are a bit wrong

He has also talked about this plenty of times

·
Registered
15,598 Posts
Btw that was before Miguel was ever big. Blu the OG Miguel affiliate. They went to school together.

Triple post

·
Registered
7,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Dilla said:
Btw that was before Miguel was ever big. Blu the OG Miguel affiliate. They went to school together.

Triple post
I knew about this. But the other information you dropped earlier was dope.

·
Registered
6,789 Posts
drops below the heavens
then drops woat album of his the piece talks, then j&j
gets signed and goes for completely different sound noyork
then becomes poverty and stops mixing some projects, then becomes homeless

basically he doesn't care or some shit, he just makes music
/thread

Blu still goat doe  :sarc2:

·
Registered
871 Posts
Blu fucked up his chances of going anywhere due to drug use. That's the reason most of his projects after Below Heavens sound like shit cause he smoking himself retarded with the dust he was on. A very sad story but he can only blame himself for it.

P

·
0 Posts
Talib said:
Blu fucked up his chances of going anywhere due to drug use. That's the reason most of his projects after Below Heavens sound like shit cause he smoking himself retarded with the dust he was on. A very sad story but he can only blame himself for it.
:notsureif: drug use gave us great music left and right fuck you talking bout

1 - 20 of 57 Posts