Kanye to The banner
1 - 20 of 204 Posts

·
Banned
51,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
-Finding supplies is tedious and can get repetitive thus boring.
-From an action stand point:  the amount of weaponry and shoot-outs makes the game feel like just another 3rd person shooter. Dead Space's shooting mechanics are way better than this, for example.
-From a stealth stand point: Even Sly Cooper handles stealth better than in TLOU. It's shallow and just involves behing behind someone and crouching. This is PS2-era level stuff and no one is mentioning it.
-The enemy variety gets old fast. Games like Resident Evil and Dead Space get trashed for this...
-Ellie's entire character is a ripoff of Ellen Page. The best character in the game isn't even fully written by NaughtyDog.

It's still a pretty good game but these problems should be noted.

·
Registered
43,570 Posts
Game looks like trash. Just from looking at the videos I can tell this shit was overhyped for nothing. Shitty physics, sub-par animations, shitty combat system.

·
Registered
43,570 Posts
Bolo Yeung said:
Checkpoints every 10 steps

20 minutes of cut scenes and interactive cut scenes for every 5 minutes of game play.
So it's like Max Payne 3?

Except Max Payne 3 actually had a good combat system.

·
Premium Member
50,590 Posts
Game might be good, but those saying it's better than Uncharted 2 are insane and should be banned from playing video games tbh.

·
Registered
6,164 Posts
You can nitpick the shit out of anything. Case and point op

·
Banned
620 Posts
Stan Smith said:
-Finding supplies is tedious and can get repetitive thus boring.

Supplies are supposed to be scarce in a apocalyptic world....... Nothing wrong with the supply placements in the game as well

-From an action stand point:  the amount of weaponry and shoot-outs makes the game feel like just another 3rd person shooter. Dead Space's shooting mechanics are way better than this, for example.

Wut?.............. 

-From a stealth stand point: Even Sly Cooper handles stealth better than in TLOU. It's shallow and just involves behing behind someone and crouching. This is PS2-era level stuff and no one is mentioning it.

Stealth is fine. I don't know why you're comparing Sly Cooper stealth with TLOU. TLOU AI is superior to Sly Cooper and stealth mechanics are top notch.

-The enemy variety gets old fast. Games like Resident Evil and Dead Space get trashed for this...

They're a ton of enemy variety including the levels of infected.

-Ellie's entire character is a ripoff of Ellen Page. The best character in the game isn't even fully written by NaughtyDog.

Naughty Dog already said the resemblance with Ellie and Ellen Page was coincidental. I don't see how this makes a game "overrated". Ellie is perfectly fine and their is no missing pieces or lacking character development.

It's still a pretty good game but these problems should be noted.

·
Registered
64,487 Posts
LETS JUST WALK AROUND AND FIND MOLOTOVS AND NAIL GUNS ON THE FLOOR ALREADY CRAFTED :oblivious:
what does Ellen page have to do with what ellie does in the game?
3 different types of infected and 3-4 different types off humans (guns, melee, molotovs, and snipers)

·
Registered
64,487 Posts
you have no leverage here OP, this is a classic case of "OMG EVERYONE LOVES THIS GAME SO IM GOING TO ADDRESS THESE NITPICKY FLAWS SO I CAN DOWN PLAY THE GAME AND BE DIFFERENT AND COOL :oblivious:"

Nothing To See Here Folks, Go On About Your Business

·
Banned
620 Posts
N O N H I P S T E R said:
you have no leverage here OP, this is a classic case of "OMG EVERYONE LOVES THIS GAME SO IM GOING TO ADDRESS THESE NITPICKY FLAWS SO I CAN DOWN PLAY THE GAME AND BE DIFFERENT AND COOL :oblivious:"

Nothing To See Here Folks, Go On About Your Business
You're dropping to much truth lol

·
Registered
8,385 Posts
Dorito said:
Game looks like trash. Just from looking at the videos I can tell this shit was overhyped for nothing. Shitty physics, sub-par animations, shitty combat system.
its the best looking game ive ever played and i max out most pc games.

·
Registered
8,385 Posts
Bolo Yeung said:
Checkpoints every 10 steps

20 minutes of cut scenes and interactive cut scenes for every 5 minutes of game play.
All Naughty Dog games are supposed to feel like movies. I see no problem with a lot of cutscenes, and loved it in Max Payne 3 aswell.

1 - 20 of 204 Posts