Kanye to The banner
1 - 20 of 140 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The problem with racism is that it's ultimately a mental health issue. It's a disease passed down from parent to child or teacher to child for centuries (and most recently from the internet to your child as with Dylan Roof). And it's one of the toughest mental health issues of all because the patient ascribes their disease to their personality and beliefs, meaning if you try to cure the disease like a doctor would, they will refute it and consider it a personal attack.

I'm not sure if there's any cure for racism in adults, but as they die we can weed it out by preventing children from being infected when their minds are developing

edit: Just wanted to expand on what I was saying in OP because i only spent a couple minutes on this. Basically what I'm saying is that it's obvious no one in 2019 or born recently has come up with racism, it's been passed down over centuries, and unfortunately it's passed down so easily because adults teach us most of everything we learn. We are all responsible for fixing it, because it's a disease that effects us all even if we aren't sick ourselves. I think maybe the only way to cure it is for the person to not understand they're being cured, which is extremely complex, because if they do understand it they will just think you're attacking them personally and say something like "why do we call everything racist! you're the real racist!"

·
Registered
14,306 Posts
I don’t know the specifics or remember where I read it, but there was a link to low IQ and racism so you’re on to something

·
Registered
14,306 Posts
Scratchin Bandit💽 said:
Oh my god
I can’t dispute someone who just has a theory on something lol. Plus there really was a study that linked low IQ to racism.

I don’t think OP is making an excuse for racism, rather just trying to make a connection

24,699 Posts
hot pancakes said:
I can’t dispute someone who just has a theory on something lol. Plus there really was a study that linked low IQ to racism.

I don’t think OP is making an excuse for racism, rather just trying to make a connection
I know there is a negative correlation between IQ and racist attitudes (also between IQ and being right wing but we didn't need any studies for that).

That doesn't mean that racism is a question of intelligence or mental health :koolaid:

·
Banned
6,027 Posts
Racism is brainwashed being passed on from parents/media ... low iq ppl will keep falling into it

Ppl are just stupid... doubt racism will ever be completly gone

But on the other hand, no kid is racist, sooooo that proves ppl are programmed into racism, there not born that way

·
Registered
10,754 Posts
Nah, bro. I find it hilarious that people say wait until the old racists die off like their ideas aren't passed on or these mass murderers aren't young as hell.

Our cultures and races are too isolated. The United States of America is a country that was founded on White Supremacy and has a history of systemic and institutionalized discriminatory and oppressive practices that continue on til this day.

As this country becomes more diverse, we begin to experience and explore the similarities that we all have and start to recognize the humanity inherent as human beings. This is a gradual and slow process and it's why it's taking forever to even get to the point where we are today.

But like I said..there are forces that exist that continue to promote White Supremacy and policies that keep various groups separated.

1 - 20 of 140 Posts