Jay-Z is one of the few Mcs Alive

Why?
i mean American Gangster>>>>>>
blueprint 3 wasn't That Bad

:kanyeshrug: :cjshrug: :matrix:

·
Registered
654 Posts
Well, because he choose to go the Radio friendly route, now he doin collabs with sub par rappers. He's become too accessible. It all went downhill after American Gangster.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Huey Newton said:
Well, because he choose to go the Radio friendly route, now he doin collabs with sub par rappers. He's become too accessible. It all went downhill after American Gangster.
true but its not to go all crazy i mean wayne does the same thing and everyone fucking loves him
Jay-Z is great BP3 was kind of a let down but still good i hope his next album ain't flopping lol

·
Registered
654 Posts
iHateFJ said:
true but its not to go all crazy i mean wayne does the same thing and everyone fucking loves him
Jay-Z is great BP3 was kind of a let down but still good i hope his next album ain't flopping lol
Well that can be chalked up the bulk of his fanbase who are impressionable kids.

·
Premium Member
58,337 Posts
man bp3 what one of my personal favorites you boys trippin.

you want my old shit?
buy my old albums
HOV

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Huey Newton said:
Well that can be chalked up the bulk of his fanbase who are impressionable kids.
hahaha sad and true

·
Registered
10,121 Posts
In my opinion, Jay-Z is the best rapper alive right now. Like, if there were to be a second Eminem/Jay-Z collab right now, I could see Jigga slaughtering it.

Jay-Z also had the best verse this year so far (Light Up).

·
Registered
13,474 Posts
I second Jay being the best alive!

American Gangster>>>>

BP3 was cool, but yeah, this next album got to be FIRE. If Jay wants to do something new/innovative, he gotta put out something that sounds like classic golden age hip hop come present and somehow persuade these dudes out there that listen to the radio that its the real bangers!

Who should Jay produce with?

·
Registered
513 Posts
I had this revelation walking back from ball tonight. Jay's BP3, considered a mediocre album by his standard's would have cemented a freshman in the XXL 10, or a sophmore in the game for good. People just have such high standards for him to produce something similar to RD, BP or American Gangster again but his sound has evolved. He's got so many great records on that album and nothing really stunk. Jay's got the game on lock as a whole, and lately he's been killing his shit.
Does anyone think that he's still got his hand in the streets like Frank Lucas did?

Edit: Em isn't my favorite but he's the best rapper alive.
1.Em
2.Jay
3.Lupe
4.Kanye
5.Rakim/KRS (For emcee sake)

·
Registered
13,474 Posts
Huey Newton said:
Hopefully this doesnt mean any sort of collab with a young monaey artist or underwhelming rapper.
Nah I think should work with only Vets. (Rappers and producers) save for a few prospects: (Like Jay Elect.)

And keep the feature count down. I want to see another Jay-Z and 9th Wonder  track. Also, Ski Beats.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts