Kanye to The banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
13,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I'm not going to hide it. It's a known fact. Kanye is one of Americas most hated celebrities. Many people think it's his rude, selfish, jackass outbursts. But they're wrong. Partially, it is, but the main reason why people hate kanye is his fame. Admit it. Everybody here on ktt is jealous of some celebrity. Who isn't jealous of celebrities? They got money, girls, mansions, the finest food, the finest suits, shoes and watches, and public exposure. Between 2004-2008, kanye was one of the biggest names in music. He had all the above things I mentioned. So, after CD, where he was the underdog, kanyes outbursts made it a gateway to hatred. People now had a reason to hate him. And especially after then TSwift incident, which really set people off, beleiving that kanye was a talentless asshole, his fame masking his ability.
Also on a side note, I realized what makes 808s and heartbreak a great album. No, the songs aren't dope as hell, like graduation, late registration or college dropout. The songs show vulnerability, which i think people tend to overlook in stars, that they have feelings too. I now see the connection between runaway and808s.
Inb4thanksforsharingyourlongandinsightfulpost

·
Premium Member
40,301 Posts
Thanks for sharing your long and insightful post.

... :problem?:

I don't really see what you're saying with why people hate Kanye (Yes people hate him cause of the George Bush comment, Ranting, T Swift Incident) BUT 808s was a great album & it had that human factor that I guess people don't tend to see in humans. But like people were posting earlier, Love Lockdown and Heartless both charted higher than any other album's 1&2 singles. So clearly people did see and feel that album.

·
Registered
7,618 Posts
Kay-Z2000 said:
I realized what makes 808s and heartbreak a great album. No, the songs aren't dope as hell, like graduation, late registration or college dropout.
This made me blink. 808s & Heartbreak is a masterpiece, one of his most consistent albums, and for me every single song except one (Bad News) is dope, meaningful, deep, relatable, wonderful, and endlessly playable.

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
There will always be people who like dislike Kanye from here on out. Sometimes it's a little too late to recapture them.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts