Kanye to The banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was reading a story the other day about a wealthy old man with a big business. Despite having children, the old man viewed them as failures and not people who’d be able to carry on the business. His children want his money sure, but nobody wants to put in the hardwork. Anyway he hires his three grandchildren and gives them average jobs – doesn’t give them special treatment. After a couple of years two of the grandchildren decide to quit, apparently disgusted at how their wealthy grandfather is treating them. However the remaining grandchild sucks it up and continues working. The grandfather calls him up and says he’s the only one who passed his “test” and he begins grooming him to start taking over the business and replace him as head – he also edits his will so that this grandchild of his will get all of his money and the business when he dies.

I can’t help but see the parallel between this and Drake/Party right now. After the Weeknd thing happened, Drake realised he moved too quickly and made sure he signed Party before he started endorsing him. He then began filling up the roster with more people. Whilst other signees (Makonnen) have become disgruntled and left, Party continued to prove himself by delivering hooks, beats and verses and was seemingly content at staying in the dark. They’ve probably had disagreements sure, but Party has never discussed any of it in the public arena like so many other artists do – there’s a sense of loyalty between them that you don’t see too often anymore.

It’s all starting to pay dividends now.

I think a lot of us was were starting to doubt whether or not Party would ever pop, I’ve probably heard Party mentioned more on social media within the last 12 months than I have in his entire career. Accolades like getting a #1 are starting to come through.

I also think it’s worth noting that Party is even starting to make moves like Drake. He managed to ruthlessly tank Kehlani’s career and public image with a single picture whilst boosting his own. She then later even uploaded a picture of him doting on her at the hospital, somehow making him the good guy in all of this.

Party then goes on to humiliate Tyga with a music video featuring Kylie Jenner, only weeks after their break up. Kylie is supposedly back with Tyga now, but Party’s gotten what he wanted.

·
Registered
19,198 Posts
ting dat wagwan bob morley popcaan unrullyyyy6tgrfedscAXZGA RGRTM,,,,,,F D.;,.DD FJNVLREKDSnjnmd

·
Registered
8,071 Posts
load of horseshit

yes pnd is loyal, yes hes got talent and good songs

but lets be real, theres no apparent sign that he will ever be as successful as Drake is, calling him an heir is way outta touch with reality

·
Registered
19,198 Posts
ViewsSoFar6 said:
ting dat wagwan bob morley popcaan unrullyyyy6tgrfedscAXZGA RGRTM,,,,,,F D.;,.DD FJNVLREKDSnjnmd
right on

·
Banned
11,423 Posts
Lancexo said:
I was reading a story the other day about a wealthy old man with a big business. Despite having children, the old man viewed them as failures and not people who’d be able to carry on the business. His children want his money sure, but nobody wants to put in the hardwork. Anyway he hires his three grandchildren and gives them average jobs – doesn’t give them special treatment. After a couple of years two of the grandchildren decide to quit, apparently disgusted at how their wealthy grandfather is treating them. However the remaining grandchild sucks it up and continues working. The grandfather calls him up and says he’s the only one who passed his “test” and he begins grooming him to start taking over the business and replace him as head – he also edits his will so that this grandchild of his will get all of his money and the business when he dies.

I can’t help but see the parallel between this and Drake/Party right now. After the Weeknd thing happened, Drake realised he moved too quickly and made sure he signed Party before he started endorsing him. He then began filling up the roster with more people. Whilst other signees (Makonnen) have become disgruntled and left, Party continued to prove himself by delivering hooks, beats and verses and was seemingly content at staying in the dark. They’ve probably had disagreements sure, but Party has never discussed any of it in the public arena like so many other artists do – there’s a sense of loyalty between them that you don’t see too often anymore.

It’s all starting to pay dividends now.

I think a lot of us was were starting to doubt whether or not Party would ever pop, I’ve probably heard Party mentioned more on social media within the last 12 months than I have in his entire career. Accolades like getting a #1 are starting to come through.

I also think it’s worth noting that Party is even starting to make moves like Drake. He managed to ruthlessly tank Kehlani’s career and public image with a single picture whilst boosting his own. She then later even uploaded a picture of him doting on her at the hospital, somehow making him the good guy in all of this.

Party then goes on to humiliate Tyga with a music video featuring Kylie Jenner, only weeks after their break up. Kylie is supposedly back with Tyga now, but Party’s gotten what he wanted.
Op won.

·
Registered
6,805 Posts
Eerie said:
load of horseshit

yes pnd is loyal, yes hes got talent and good songs

but lets be real, theres no apparent sign that he will ever be as successful as Drake is, calling him an heir is way outta touch with reality
not really.

when you consider that drake surpassed wayne...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts