Kanye to The banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think they chose Otis as a single based on all the special attention it got in the secret listening party. Everyone was raving about it claiming it was their favorite track off the album. I love Otis but it's probably not the best choice for a single. Does anyone know for a fact why they chose Otis?

·
Registered
72 Posts
ChildRebelSoldier said:
I think they chose Otis as a single based on all the special attention it got in the secret listening party. Everyone was raving about it claiming it was their favorite track off the album. I love Otis but it's probably not the best choice for a single. Does anyone know for a fact why they chose Otis?
maybe they put it becuase it was the worst song so when we heard the album itll be way beyond our expectation lol

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Actually according to the newer reviews, Otis is one of the least impressive tracks. But they released it as a single because it's probably the most simple song on the album in terms of production and subject matter.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Im happy it was a single tbh. Its something you wouldn't expect cause it doesn't have a hook etc. Its for them real rap fans.

You can't say its was a bad choice though, it's rocketing up the charts.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Jpyeezy said:
great song great kick off for the album
it isnt first single material tbh. HAM too. I wonder who chose those singles.. Jay always had no1 singles... so did Kanye (apart from mbdtf)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ChildRebelSoldier said:
it isnt first single material tbh. HAM too. I wonder who chose those singles.. Jay always had no1 singles... so did Kanye (apart from mbdtf)
Kanye never releases the radio friendly song as the first single and not sure about Jay, but he definitely didn't with Blueprint 3. If it's not single material, how come it jumped from 47 to 12 on the Hot 100 chart?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ThePie said:
Kanye never releases the radio friendly song as the first single and not sure about Jay, but he definitely didn't with Blueprint 3. If it's not single material, how come it jumped from 47 to 12 on the Hot 100 chart?
it's not single material. It jumped because of both artist's star power.

·
Premium Member
10,022 Posts
ChildRebelSoldier said:
it's not single material. It jumped because of both artist's star power.
if you hadn't noticed, all of kanye's first singles are singles that aren't really designed to be huge on the radio or the charts.

LR: Diamonds
Graduation: Cant Tell Me Nothing
MBDTF: Power

The second singles are always the ones that end up being his biggest hits, and for WTT it would probably be Lift Off

CD: All Falls Down
LR: Gold Digger
Grad: Stronger
808s: Heartless
MBDTF Runaway

1 - 20 of 45 Posts