Kanye to The banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
16,967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I kinda wish that I didn't listen to any of the leaks for the purpose of enjoying the 'Runaway' film from a completely new and unadventured perspective. Even though the new songs "Dark Fantasy, Blame Game, etc." blew my mind, it would have been nice to tie in my interpretation of these new visuals with a innocent take on the entire concept of his musical production. I'm not saying that listening to the leaks is going to stop me from enjoying the album, but I certainly felt like it didn't allow me to truly bask in the brilliance of the 'Runaway' film. Nonetheless, it was great and I thoroughly enjoyed it.

·
Banned
85,044 Posts
why is everyone here complaining about listening to leaks so much?

i listen to songs from other artists before there albums come out all the time and that never made me like an album less :dno:

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
Definitely. I feel the same way. For songs like Dark Fantasy, Gorgeous and Blame Game, whenever I listen to them, I think of the scene in the film that it played in. Songs like LITW, AOTL and Hell of a Life I don't get the same connection. If I heard all these songs in the film for the first time, the film would've felt more complete to me along with the album.

·
Registered
16,967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wake Up Mr. West said:
why is everyone here complaining about listening to leaks so much?

i listen to songs from other artists before there albums come out all the time and that never made me like an album less :dno:
Did you even read my post?

SMH :facepalm:

·
Registered
16,967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ingenative said:
Definitely. I feel the same way. For songs like Dark Fantasy, Gorgeous and Blame Game, whenever I listen to them, I think of the scene in the film that it played in. Songs like LITW, AOTL and Hell of a Life I don't get the same connection. If I heard all these songs in the film for the first time, the film would've felt more complete to me along with the album.
agreed. that's exactly how I feel

·
Registered
28,269 Posts
I never listened to the leaks but I heard the Good Friday tracks
But imagine the people that didn't listen to anything, the experience was probably mind blowing
The funny thing I was still blown (lol) and I reheard some of the GF tracks before

·
Registered
16,967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
wizdom28 said:
But imagine the people that didn't listen to anything, the experience was probably mind blowing
The funny thing I was still blown (lol) and I reheard some of the GF tracks before
yeah i can only imagine

·
Registered
28,269 Posts
▲Special_K said:
yeah i can only imagine
Yeah there's nothing like something new
I mean like the first time I saw Back to the Future, new to me, was in it from start to finish
With the net these days we spoil alot of that stuff

·
Registered
4,267 Posts
ingenative said:
i had never heard any leaks and i must say especially LITW was such a fucking experience for me, just hearing the song evolve along with the visuals.  it made the movie for me.

·
Registered
4,462 Posts
wizdom28 said:
They would be like "whoah!"

·
Registered
16,967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Micha said:
All I see is whine. No one forced you to listen to the leaks.

/thread
lol whine? Who am I blaming for my own choices? It's like you come in here, read a post and try to find your own meaning in the words I've said when I'm expressing something completely different than a whining mentality. I don't know what you're trying to do by typing "/thread" in a conversation I've started either. If you have no meaningful thoughts to contribute to the conversation then there's no need for remarks such as this that undermine the entire spirit of what I was trying to express.

All I was saying is that having a fresh mind that would allow you visualize the music initially from the creator's perspective must have been great for a film like this, and me listening to leaks didn't spoil my appreciation of the songs but who here can honestly say that they don't think of their own visuals when they listen to music? It would have been great to have some self-restrain in order to see through Kanye's eyes first hand. I don't have the resources to shoot my own video for the way that I visualize the songs I've already listened to so this film brings to life elements of my own thought upon hearing the songs along with many of Kanye's which I was unable to conceptualize on my own. That's all I'm saying.

·
Premium Member
12,275 Posts
Whenever Special_K gives a positive review I take it more seriously than others since he's such a tough critic lol :ohno:

But sick ! that you liked the movie hahaa, ya a part of me wishes I never heard songs like LITW and AOTL prior...I would went buuck when they played lol

·
Registered
25,033 Posts
I completely agree. Songs like Dark Fantasy and Blame Game blew my mind when I heard them in the movie because they were brand new to my ears before they blended so well with their scenes. I was disappointed when I heard Devil In A New Dress because that song fit so well with its scene, but I couldn't fully enjoy it because I had heard it so many times before.

·
Registered
16,967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Szohr said:
Whenever Special_K gives a positive review I take it more seriously than others since he's such a tough critic lol :ohno:

But sick ! that you liked the movie hahaa, ya a part of me wishes I never heard songs like LITW and AOTL prior...I would went buuck when they played lol
:)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts