Kanye to The banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
4,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
TLOP is great tbh and I can give it 8,5 out of 10 but I can't understand how people are not slaying Kanye for cringe and not very inspired lines especially when there is a such big contrast between Real Friends NMPILA 30 Hours and the rest of the album
Now Kanye mostly picks beats not making them so shouldn't we judge TLOP taking in the consideration that this is album of the rapper? Like hell Magna Carta had some awesome production too and Jay Z not even a producer

·
Registered
3,465 Posts
english's not my first language so it's not a deal breaker :kanyeshrug:
edit: besides i think the only cringeworthy lines on the album are the bleached asshole one (but because he rhymes asshole with asshole, wtf kanye) and most of his rapping on Wolves (unfollow unswallow sandwiches)
The rest is not amazingly inspiring or something but, again, it's not very important to me

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
to me lyricism is more than spitting some elaborate rhyme schemes with metaphors and shit
delivery and flow are also a part of lyricism imo and he goes in on most of the tracks in this album
famous, highlights, feedback, 30 hours, nmpila, real friends all great flow/delivery

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
pokerking4128 said:
TLOP is great tbh and I can give it 8,5 out of 10 but I can't understand how people are not slaying Kanye for cringe and not very inspired lines especially when there is a such big contrast between Real Friends NMPILA 30 Hours and the rest of the album
Now Kanye mostly picks beats not making them so shouldn't we judge TLOP taking in the consideration that this is album of the rapper? Like hell Magna Carta had some awesome production too and Jay Z not even a producer
I listen to kanye albums as music not rap music. in every other genre lyrics aren't as important. for me, dope lyrics are a bonus, I don't mind unless the lyrics are so bad they take me out of it. sometimes it happens but really if you try to judge it as a rap album it's not gunna go well

·
Registered
4,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
TanTan_101 said:
hes a producer first rapper second
But now he is not so much in hands-on production more like executive production
Last his album as a producer was MBDTF maybe Yeezus a little bit

·
Registered
4,194 Posts
pokerking4128 said:
LOL you think Kanye just pick beats. This is the most ignorant and distateful thing I've seen on this forum.

·
Registered
431 Posts
pokerking4128 said:
There are KTT stans who will reach so far to defend everything that Kanye does.
Like when you say "TLOP lyrics are weak" they'll say "his lyrics have always been weak" like that shit's a defense lmao

·
Registered
13,682 Posts
mahchefai said:
I listen to kanye albums as music not rap music. in every other genre lyrics aren't as important. for me, dope lyrics are a bonus, I don't mind unless the lyrics are so bad they take me out of it. sometimes it happens but really if you try to judge it as a rap album it's not gunna go well
but the lyrics on wolves were really that bad

1 - 20 of 41 Posts