Kanye to The banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
6,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Noticed this a long time ago at the Season 3/TLOP event but Ye had people recording him with these weird cameras. After seeing how the Famous video and the countdown before it had that weird low-fi, VHS vibe I went back to watch the Yeezy Season 3 video and found something interesting.

Back in February I assumed that huge camera in the first pic was just some special camera Ye had, possibly put inside a different casing in order to hide it. But as you can see in the second pic, my man is moving a VHS tape in/out of the camera. Finally, he takes out a Super 8 camera and starts recording. I found this really weird because I assume this was part of the "constant recording" we heard about in Kim's GQ piece, but this makes no sense for that, since Kanye should be shooting a documentary or whatever in 4K+ so it's future-proof. Instead he's using VHS which is the most utter shad quality of any video recording method. It's cool as a stylistic choice for the video but horrible for a doc.

Does anybody have any info about this or any guesses as to why he would shoot things on VHS?
Does this mean the Taylor recording is a grainy piece of shit? smh Ye

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
vhs video got trendy cus of uzi. they did work for like big sean, asap mob and some other famous people. and then kanye hopped on the trend by getting uzi to film famous.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Season 3 was actually shot with 2 diff cameras the arri amira and the camera you think is a super 8 is actually the Alexa mini. Both are $35k plus cameras. Close thread

·
Registered
6,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Vercius said:
Season 3 was actually shot with 2 diff cameras the arri amira and the camera you think is a super 8 is actually the Alexa mini. Both are $35k plus cameras. Close thread
that is definitely not an alexa mini

·
Registered
6,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Okay I understand why he did it in the famous video but why did he shoot the TLOP thing in VHS too? it's really odd to me

1 - 20 of 25 Posts