Kanye to The banner
1 - 20 of 140 Posts

·
Banned
5,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was commenting on how I'm not a fan of "Old Two Road" in a different thread, just because it's an overplayed song, and I just find it insanely overrated for what it is. Obviously I wish the best for Lil Nas X, and hope that he can continue making music without falling into sheck Wes type of irrelevancy. Plus I remember reading a thread MONTHS ago where someone posted "carry on" when it first came out and everyone was making fun of his name like "lil nas x :jordanlaff:" so ofc when he gets popular ktt of course starts dick riding :work:.

Anyways in this thread I got quoted
Zoukal Horus said:
This song is at every party you just a nerd

I'm your OG and will be respected as such
When asked to explain why the song is any good, and I always see "because it gets played at parties" from responses of ktt users.. So if I may ask why do some people think just because a song makes good background music means it's a good song?! :what:

I can tell you so many songs I heard at parties like 5 years ago that nobody has played since then, in fact party music is the most type of disposable rap in my opinion... How many party bangers from like 3 years ago can you even remember?? :jordanlaff:

I just find it funny that people use this as excuse to hype up SOME terrible sounding music, just because it makes good background music.

I also have a feeling younger kids on KTT will go along and say that they like something even if they really think it's good music because their friends or peers say it's good. "sheep opinions" in my defense..

So ktt, can I ask: just because a song is good for a social event, do you care more about the music being played there or the actual event? :dead:

·
Banned
5,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Another great thread from DAVIDP, the no avi legend himself :rejoice:

·
Read Only
23,087 Posts
Because they fantasize about going to parties and they get it stuck in their brain that popular music has to be good so they can be friends with the cool kids.

·
Registered
6,020 Posts
If a song goes at a party it’s a good song even if just for that occasion

If you think otherwise I’m convinced you don’t go to parties

·
Registered
5,212 Posts
Bow And Arrow said:
Because they fantasize about going to parties and they get it stuck in their brain that popular music has to be good so they can be friends with the cool kids.

·
Banned
5,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
sebas. said:
op u gettin no pussy i can promise u dat
Bow And Arrow said:

·
Banned
5,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
nawf said:
If a song goes at a party it’s a good song even if just for that occasion

If you think otherwise I’m convinced you don’t go to parties
Just because a song makes good background music, doesn't mean it's good music. How old are you if I can ask?

·
Registered
6,020 Posts
DAVIDP said:
Just because a song makes good background music, doesn't mean it's good music. How old are you if I can ask?
Again if you think songs at a party are background music I’m convinced you don’t go to parties

·
Banned
5,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
nawf said:
Again if you think songs at a party are background music I’m convinced you don’t go to parties
You're dodging the question. This is about you, not me. Answer me first and then I'll answer you.

·
Registered
6,020 Posts
DAVIDP said:
You're dodging the question. This is about you, not me. Answer me first and then I'll answer you.
I just answered you
My age isn’t relevant to the argument I’m making at all bro
If a song can be played at a party and has merit then it is a good song even if it’s not good when played in isolation. Same way a song like Grief by Earl Sweatshirt can be great in isolation and absolutely awful at a party. Both are good songs because both have merit in different situations

·
Registered
15,979 Posts
if you ain't playing album cuts from mystic stylez at house parties i can't consider you to be real i'm gonna keep it at that anyone clowning OP is clearly jealous of his recent success in the music section.

·
Banned
5,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Drogon said:
if you ain't playing album cuts from mystic stylez at house parties i can't consider you to be real i'm gonna keep it at that anyone clowning OP is clearly jealous of his recent success in the music section.
:happyhug:

You a real one fam

1 - 20 of 140 Posts