Kanye to The banner
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I mean for one thing it's pretty racist, for another they're in Canada.  This makes no sense to me.  Anyone got any explanation?

·
Registered
8,063 Posts
KINGC0NG said:
doubt it, he purposely put that in there, or at least the director. Flag doesn't mean anything racist
tbh anyone who rases that flag is glorifying the souths history of the slave time separating it from the american flag. Lol you don't see Germans flying the swastika saying "duhhh it's are heritage". It's a ignorant flag IMO.

·
Registered
11,906 Posts
Daddy Bojangle said:
tbh anyone who rases that flag is glorifying the souths history of the slave time separating it from the american flag. Lol you don't see Germans flying the swastika saying "duhhh it's are heritage". It's a ignorant flag IMO.
it's commonly used still in the south. it's whatever imo. i ripped it off of a vintage biker denim jacket I bought that had patches all over it because I dont want people judging me but the flag itself just represents the south. it has bad connotations because people in the south obvi did horrible things in the past....but, like the swastika(native americans and other cultures used it for various symbolism), the flag itself isn't bad.

edit: theoretically, 200 years from now someone could use the confederate flag as a symbol of equality. the nazis flipped the meaning of the swastika and forced it to represent their motives when in the past it meant something totally different.

·
Registered
8,063 Posts
DIEBOLT said:
it's commonly used still in the south. it's whatever imo. i ripped it off of a vintage biker denim jacket I bought that had patches all over it because I dont want people judging me but the flag itself just represents the south. it has bad connotations because people in the south obvi did horrible things in the past....but, like the swastika(native americans and other cultures used it for various symbolism), the flag itself isn't bad.

edit: theoretically, 200 years from now someone could use the confederate flag as a symbol of equality. the nazis flipped the meaning of the swastika and forced it to represent their motives when in the past it meant something totally different.
i know what you mean I heard the nazi flag was a Buddhist symbol or something like that. Idk that stuff just don't interest me.

·
Registered
795 Posts
Daddy Bojangle said:
i know what you mean I heard the nazi flag was a Buddhist symbol or something like that.
It's an extremely important symbol in Buddhism, Hinduism, and Judaism (to an extent) that stands for prosperity, luck, auspiciousness etc. I remember bringing my friends back home when I was a kid and they would be like "Why's your Dad praying to the Nazi sign?". It kind of sucks that something as important and pure as that can be hijacked by some cunt.

·
Registered
11,906 Posts
TheVeeginator said:
It's an extremely important symbol in Buddhism, Hinduism, and Judaism (to an extent) that stands for prosperity, luck, auspiciousness etc. I remember bringing my friends back home when I was a kid and they would be like "Why's your Dad praying to the Nazi sign?". It kind of sucks that something as important and pure as that can be hijacked by some cunt.
Truth.

The confederate flag was hijacked by perception. The south was segregated heavily/had slaves/etc and the flag simply represented that area of land. I think people freak out too much about it.

·
Registered
8,063 Posts
TheVeeginator said:
i know, it's pretty sad.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.