Kanye to The banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
22,240 Posts
Dame this is the first thread that you've made in which I have no objection to what you've said

:hah:

·
Registered
851 Posts
Jay might just know what he's doing.  UK Music CAN cross over, but it's really gotta be original.  When I was just a kid back in the day all you would hear on the radio were British rock bands that stemmed from The Beatles (also British).  Stuff like Black Sabbath, Led Zeppelin, The Rolling Stones, etc.  Then the alternative/punk scene really started to blow up with British bands like The Police (Sting brought the jams!), The Clash, The Ramones, all that.  What I'm saying is that another type of international crossover like the ones I've mentioned could be in the works, but choosing original talent to oversee could be difficult these days.

·
Registered
4,217 Posts
HVentures said:
Jay might just know what he's doing.  UK Music CAN cross over, but it's really gotta be original.  When I was just a kid back in the day all you would hear on the radio were British rock bands that stemmed from The Beatles (also British).  Stuff like Black Sabbath, Led Zeppelin, The Rolling Stones, etc.  Then the alternative/punk scene really started to blow up with British bands like The Police (Sting brought the jams!), The Clash, The Ramones, all that.  What I'm saying is that another type of international crossover like the ones I've mentioned could be in the works, but choosing original talent to oversee could be difficult these days.

·
Banned
959 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
HVentures said:
He didn't sign the Beatles dawg

·
Registered
851 Posts
HarlemDiplomats said:
He didn't sign the Beatles dawg
Amen to that, music quality has been shit as of late everywhere though.  The next acquisition that I can see being a good fit overseas is the electronic/house scene.  The sheer competition in the genre (independentally) today, along with the rise of techno-ish elements in mainstream top 40 music could result in big money for daring labels.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.