Kanye to The banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Banned
34,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not a fan of the brand personally but maybe someone more into it knows if theres an answer, why is everything from them so expensive? Most designers have inflated prices but some of these are ridiculous

Over a grand for sunglasses?
2k for a denim jacket?
Over 2k for a leather belt?
Over 1k for most of the necklaces and bracelets made of silver?

Like i said im pretty desensitized to high prices but chrome hearts isnt a huge designer house or anything right? Is it just hype and exclusivity because they have so few stockists?

·
Registered
7,449 Posts
Why is Saint Laurent so expensive? It's just rehashes of stuff you can find at thrift stores

·
Banned
34,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
FRB said:
Why is Saint Laurent so expensive? It's just rehashes of stuff you can find at thrift stores
:cmon: putting aside the absolutely massive brand recognition, cut and quality is top tier for most of their products, you can find a shitty version at thrift shops at best

Not to mention this stuff is more expensive than slp which is whats got me asking

·
Banned
2,154 Posts

·
Registered
7,449 Posts
Carbonated Gravy said:
:cmon: putting aside the absolutely massive brand recognition, cut and quality is top tier for most of their products, you can find a shitty version at thrift shops at best

Not to mention this stuff is more expensive than slp which is whats got me asking
If Saint Laurent adorned their leathers with intricately carved sterling silver details, you can bet they'd charge similar prices.

And just because the aesthetic isn't your taste, doesn't mean it's invalid - Chrome Hearts is the most famous producer of gothic style jewelry, and their pieces are extremely well made and of great quality. To quote you, the "cut and quality is top tier", except here we're talking about jewelry. As far as their clothing, the items not detailed with silver or produced in especially nice materials (their branded t-shirts, for example) are likely just riding the image of the brand, catering to those who are devoted to it, just like how SLP makes plenty of overpriced crap that nobody would buy if it weren't for the label.

If you need further validation, run a few google searches and note the countless fake websites and marketplaces you'll find ripping off Chrome Hearts. They're the top tier of their market, just a market that KTT doesn't fit into.

·
Banned
34,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
FRB said:
If Saint Laurent adorned their leathers with intricately carved sterling silver details, you can bet they'd charge similar prices.

And just because the aesthetic isn't your taste, doesn't mean it's invalid - Chrome Hearts is the most famous producer of gothic style jewelry, and their pieces are extremely well made and of great quality. To quote you, the "cut and quality is top tier", except here we're talking about jewelry. As far as their clothing, the items not detailed with silver or produced in especially nice materials (their branded t-shirts, for example) are likely just riding the image of the brand, catering to those who are devoted to it, just like how SLP makes plenty of overpriced crap that nobody would buy if it weren't for the label.

If you need further validation, run a few google searches and note the countless fake websites and marketplaces you'll find ripping off Chrome Hearts. They're the top tier of their market, just a market that KTT doesn't fit into.
Where did i say anything was invalid :drakewhat:

And im talking clothes as much as jewelry, the leather and denim on the jackets isnt that nice, fot is nothing special, the zippers on them are shit, the tees are just as bad and overpriced as every other brand, they charge more than goyard for belts that aren't particularly nice, theres now excuse for 1k+ Sunglasses unless its gold

My point is they charge more than almost any other designer for their clothes that are significantly lower quality, the jewelry does seem nice and all but it doesnt come close to justifying those prices, unless you like the design that much which i wouldnt understand bc its all pretty generic to me

But anyways i think i got my answer even if i disagree with it, thanks

·
Banned
18,034 Posts
Where did i say anything was invalid :drakewhat:

And im talking clothes as much as jewelry, the leather and denim on the jackets isnt that nice, fot is nothing special, the zippers on them are shit, the tees are just as bad and overpriced as every other brand, they charge more than goyard for belts that aren't particularly nice, theres now excuse for 1k+ Sunglasses unless its gold

My point is they charge more than almost any other designer for their clothes that are significantly lower quality, the jewelry does seem nice and all but it doesnt come close to justifying those prices, unless you like the design that much which i wouldnt understand bc its all pretty generic to me

But anyways i think i got my answer even if i disagree with it, thanks

1 - 20 of 26 Posts