Kanye to The banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have never felt more conflicted about anything Kanye related. He has put his heart and soul into this new album and movie, and wants the fans to see it, but I honestly feel it will take away the pure magic, the sheer "wow" of the masterpiece that will be the album. I feel like that "wow" will be coming when I see Runaway, a month before My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy. This is the first Kanye album I have ever anticipated and experienced the road to its release, and it's been truly amazing. I want to complete that amazingness by hearing the songs with the album.

By the same token, Kanye has released this early for the fans, for the world to see the majesty he has created with Runaway. I desperately want to see it like you cannot believe, but I really feel like it will take away from that special quality of the album.

Then again...will I ever get to see a Kanye movie premiere as this hugely anticipated event? Will he ever create something like this again? Will I be missing out on witnessing a milestone in pop culture?

Honestly, I'm just so torn right now. It's killing me.



EDIT: Screw this shit. If I watch Runaway, I will have heard basically the whole album, and the experience will not be fresh at all.
I bet that tracklist changed some of your opinions about watching this, didn't it?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
545 Posts
Think about it this way: Kanye West WANTS you to see this movie and he is purposely releasing this movie BEFORE his album is released.

So if the artist who is making the album wants you to get a sneak preview of it through a film that he himself has developed, you might as well watch the damn thing.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
213 Posts
i think watching the film will not take away from the album. he wants the world to see his masterpiece. the album will be epic. plus there will be material on the album that is not in the film
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,860 Posts
i dont know, im mixed on this. im extremely hyped but have low expectations. remember "see you in my nightmares" ??

that was mmehh. with lots of wierdom.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
90 Posts
This whole movie kinda gives me the idea this is what Kanye wanted to do... Like, before he started production on MBDTF he thought 'I wanna make a movie', not 'I'm gonna make my next album now'. If that's the case then this movies definitely the way to experience his latest work.

IMO tho.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
18 Posts
I'm not watching the movie either. There's always an indescribable experience if you have the album in your hands, unpack it and listen to it for the first time. I don't want this film to take that away from me.
Just my 2 cents though.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
9,755 Posts
I.B. Asian said:
i dont know, im mixed on this. im extremely hyped but have low expectations. remember "see you in my nightmares" ??

that was mmehh. with lots of wierdom.
you mean "We were once a fairytale"?
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
5,568 Posts
PicassoIsHIPHOP said:
i think watching the film will not take away from the album. he wants the world to see his masterpiece. the album will be epic. plus there will be material on the album that is not in the film
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,057 Posts
Common said:
I have never felt more conflicted about anything Kanye related. He has put his heart and soul into this new album and movie, and wants the fans to see it, but I honestly feel it will take away the pure magic, the sheer "wow" of the masterpiece that will be the album. I feel like that "wow" will be coming when I see Runaway, a month before My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy. This is the first Kanye album I have ever anticipated and experienced the road to its release, and it's been truly amazing. I want to complete that amazingness by hearing the songs with the album.

By the same token, Kanye has released this early for the fans, for the world to see the majesty he has created with Runaway. I desperately want to see it like you cannot believe, but I really feel like it will take away from that special quality of the album.

Then again...will I ever get to see a Kanye movie premiere as this hugely anticipated event? Will he ever create something like this again? Will I be missing out on witnessing a milestone in pop culture?

Honestly, I'm just so torn right now. It's killing me.
yo common whens your album coming
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,309 Posts
lolz ive always just waited for album 2 hear all songs at once this prob. the 1st time im anticiapting it this much and keeping up with the whole proccess (guess its been 2 long, since im not a big autotune fan and didnt care 4 808's that much).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
26,500 Posts
OGCF said:
Think about it this way: Kanye West WANTS you to see this movie and he is purposely releasing this movie BEFORE his album is released.

So if the artist who is making the album wants you to get a sneak preview of it through a film that he himself has developed, you might as well watch the damn thing.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,408 Posts
I'm thinking about not watching now so I can enjoy at least half the fuking album as i haven't listened to the leaks. 
 
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Top