Kanye to The banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why is that many producers nowadays don't scratch records themselves, and get DJ's to do it for them. Eg: Kanye and Everything I Am.
Like, I imagine that with a turntable hooked up to a computer, and with a little trial and error, Kanye could have done it himself.
Is it because producers can't be bothered?

·
Registered
6,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Living So Australian said:
I think it's sort of a prestigious moment to get DJ Premier to scratch on your record
But it's not just Kanye, many producers do this with barely known DJ's. Would it take long to do it yourself with trial and error?

·
Registered
6,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Living So Australian said:
Scratching (good) is actually difficult
Yeah I know, doing it consistently is a craft, but I was wondering if Kanye could have just hooked his turntable to his laptop, fucked around with it for an hour or so, chopped the turntable recording, and done it himself.

I'm also asking for personal advice for my own beats.

·
Registered
75,194 Posts
Corry said:
Yeah I know, doing it consistently is a craft, but I was wondering if Kanye could have just hooked his turntable to his laptop, fucked around with it for an hour or so, chopped the turntable recording, and done it himself.

Probably, but it wouldn't  have been as good as Preemo's

·
Registered
55,760 Posts
Corry said:

You gotta be able to crossfade, match and have the right technique you should see how some of the DJ's scratch it's harder than it looks tbh.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts