Kanye to The banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
16,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i really wanna get into his sinigng like on she will but i like a natural feel to vocals and drake always uses llight autotune... its just annoying tbh and i think he doesnt need it

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
Because he is very self conscious of his voice.  He's talked about it a lot.  Plus 40 throws his filter on anyway

·
Registered
16,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
tmajr3 said:
Because he is very self conscious of his voice.  He's talked about it a lot.  Plus 40 throws his filter on anyway
then why would he sing in the first place if his self conscious lol... as a singer myself i can tell the dude can hit notes without that wack auto tune shit... but the self conscious thing explains why he doesnt perform songs like find your love live

·
Registered
10,058 Posts
Ghosta Sol said:
then why would he sing in the first place if his self conscious lol... as a singer myself i can tell the dude can hit notes without that wack auto tune shit... but the self conscious thing explains why he doesnt perform songs like find your love live
Cause he can't sing FYL like the the album song. 40 puts a filter through his voice to clean/clear up things that's why i've said said Drake>> as a studio singer but live he's bout as average as an everyday karaoke singer

·
Premium Member
3,475 Posts
tmajr3 said:
Where has he talked about his voice?

·
Registered
10,058 Posts
Sora said:
Where has he talked about his voice?
I believe he talked about it in a few interviews regardless we all know he's self conscious. Prolly why he does lean as well to chill him out since he takes a lot of things to heart

·
Premium Member
3,475 Posts
-The Calm- said:
I believe he talked about it in a few interviews regardless we all know he's self conscious. Prolly why he does lean as well to chill him out since he takes a lot of things to heart
Have any links? I'm a huge Drake stan and have never heard him talk about his voice.

·
Registered
4,489 Posts
Drake is a better singer than he and many others give him credit for, tbqh.  And his more recent performances have shown that despite any insecurities he may have have, he has been working on his voice and HAS improved in both pitch, stage presence and confidence.

He handles "Marvin's Room" well live and tried harmonizing with Minaj last night on "Moment For Life". He's growing.

·
Registered
15,598 Posts
ThatChick said:
Drake is a better singer than he and many others give him credit for, tbqh.  And his more recent performances have shown that despite any insecurities he may have have, he has been working on his voice and HAS improved in both pitch, stage presence and confidence.

He handles "Marvin's Room" well live and tried harmonizing with Minaj last night on "Moment For Life". He's growing.
x100000

·
Registered
16,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
ThatChick said:

his singing is just disappointing tbh... the end was kinda nice but it still sounds like karaoke singing.. cudis still the better singer/rapper in terms of singing

·
Registered
10,058 Posts
Ghosta Sol said:
his singing is just disappointing tbh... the end was kinda nice but it still sounds like karaoke singing.. cudis still the better singer/rapper in terms of singing
It goes Drake's studio singing>Cudi's singing
Cudi's live singing>> Drake's live singing

imo

·
Banned
7,296 Posts
-The Calm- said:
It goes Drake's studio singing>Cudi's singing
Cudi's live singing>> Drake's live singing

imo
dude i fucking love drake's music,but he is just not a better singer than kid cudi

it's simple,kid cudi can actually sing,drake cant,stop giving drake a pass sayin stuff like "oh its because he is a studio singer" etc lol that is not an excuse,EVERYONE can be a studio singer,it doesnt require any talent,all you need is a good studio

·
Registered
10,058 Posts
Drizzy F Weezy said:
dude i fucking love drake's music,but he is just not a better singer than kid cudi

it's simple,kid cudi can actually sing,drake cant,stop giving drake a pass sayin stuff like "oh its because he is a studio singer" etc lol that is not an excuse,EVERYONE can be a studio singer,it doesnt require any talent,all you need is a good studio
I'm talking about in my preference of voice etc: overall i prefer drake's voice to cudi's n/h

1 - 20 of 43 Posts