Kanye to The banner
1 - 20 of 127 Posts

·
Banned
6,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There's this group of dudes at my school who are obsessed with the army/marine scene. I always hear them talking about how excited they are to enlist and to get their own guns and stuff. but i don't mind them tbh, they seem to have a passion about something and i envy them for that a little. I only feel a little bad because if they do go through with their plans they're gonna come back beyond fucked up if they see the light of combat, unless they're sociopaths.

But anyway, Why do kids find the image of a marine so cool?. Even though they've heard stories of soldiers coming back with wicked ptsd they still want to go over seas and fight.

Is it because we have a natural urge to kill and joining the army is the only sane way of fulfilling that urge?

Or is it because the US glorifies their marines and soldiers status?

Also, don't get me wrong. I respect anyone who's willing to enlist and protect their country. Don't care if you're American, Rooski, Chinese, or French. Enlisting deserves recognition. 

·
Registered
3,693 Posts
Tbh I would not want to die for some rich white mans agenda. I mean if there was a reason for going to war and fighting maybe, but really I wouldn't be able to kill anyone unless their some fucking ISIS rat bastard.

·
Registered
8,292 Posts
The Call of Duty franchise is your answer. The kids who do nothing but chill, smoke, and play CoD while fucking up their grades are just gonna wind up working mediocre jobs and eventually enlisting.

·
Banned
51,728 Posts
bbg543 said:
The Call of Duty franchise is your answer. The kids who do nothing but chill, smoke, and play CoD while fucking up their grades are just gonna wind up working mediocre jobs and eventually enlisting.
The exact story of a friend of mine.

·
Registered
37,089 Posts
They buy into the false narrative that soldiers are actually fighting for our freedom, and making the world a better place.

·
Registered
17,103 Posts
Well the people that I know who joined the military, signed up because they feel that they had a higher calling to protect this country or they didnt know what to do after high school.

·
Registered
9,201 Posts
Some people feel a duty to serve their country.
I would consider joining the air force but no other branch of the military tbh.

1 - 20 of 127 Posts