Kanye to The banner

1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Banned
41,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tired of people saying it isn't a lyrical album with songs like Dark Fantasy, Gorgeous, and Power to kick off an album. The double meaning lyrics of All of the Lights dealing with the aftermath of Swiftgate. Great lines found in Monster, Great wordplay in So Appaled, He killed DIAND, Runaway was dope, he murdered HOAL, Paints a beautiful picture with blame game and Lost in the world is very ambiguous those lyrics could mean anything very Pink Floyd like.

And before i get crucified read this fittierhappier wrote a beautiful peace on his interpetation of what MBDTF means, if you a kanye fan its a great read.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/46030797/The-Man-The-Myth-The-Beautiful-Dark-Twisted-Fantasy

·
Registered
28,071 Posts
RepTDot said:
Lets be honest. CD and LR were 10x more lyrical
Actually,no.It just has more broad content but what do you expect from a album called MY beautiful dark twisted fantasy

·
Registered
967 Posts
Um the wordplay, flow and metaphors in this album are some of the best in the history of hip-hop?
Seriously who says this?
Only song with no rap is runaway and those singing verses are D-D-D-DOPE!!!

·
Premium Member
33,300 Posts
kanye needs to cut down on the features. i don't want to heard 10 versus from kanye and 35 verses from other people.

·
Registered
56,642 Posts
Agreed, actually.
Some of the technicalities of the raps are actually a lot denser than what people might realize.

·
Banned
2,795 Posts
DylanSpitsFiya said:
You can not be serious with that post
oh but he is...
read all the lyrics of every song on dat album.
compare it to anybody else out there in the industry right now.
exactly.
Kanye < 3
hate it or love it, the underdogs on top.

·
Banned
2,795 Posts
DylanSpitsFiya said:
He said in the history of hip-hop.....
okay maybe not in the history,
i mean, Kanye lyrically better than Big L, Biggie or Nas??
fuck outta here.
i cannot agree with that,
but hes definitely the best at the moment lyrically, and with anything else as well.
production is fucking amazing. 

1 - 20 of 83 Posts